1989 W124 200TE Alloys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Jim

Car
CLS63
I have steel wheels fitted at the moment.

Did they make alloys as an option for these cars? If so what did they look like? (link to a piccie would be good)

Cheers

Big Jim

try searching for "w124" etc in the wheel/tyre section, there are a LOT of threads about this :)

the optional alloys looked like this except they were 15" rims (these are 16s)

16alloy.jpg

HTH

Andy

Shude said:
try searching for "w124" etc in the wheel/tyre section, there are a LOT of threads about this :)

Shude, thanks for your help! :rolleyes:

I did as you suggested before I posted, but after reading the first five pages of threads, i gave up, any chance we could sort out the search engine ;) . There is a lot of info about tyres but nothing i could find about what alloys look like.

Happy to admit I might have overlooked something, but thought I'd ask to see if someone could remember a post and point me in the right direction. :)

Jim

andy_k said:
the optional alloys looked like this except they were 15" rims (these are 16s)

16alloy.jpg

HTH

Andy

That's exactly what i was after - cheers Andy.

Any idea what these are from:

0a_1_b.JPG

Howard said:
R170 SLK, W208 CLK and lately they have appeared on W211 e-class, presumably 1" larger diameter.

Not the prettiest wheel in the world, in fact steels look better IMHO

Those wheels come up all the time very cheaply... expect to find a set with reasonable tyres for £200 - £250

They are called Toliman. Available in 220/211/208/170 series guises. Possibly the worst looking alloy wheel ever made by Mercedes. I was offered 10 sets some time ago for peanuts and declined. email if you'd like the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom