1989 W124 260E Car Stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fromematt

Car
W124 260E
Anyone got an idea what was originally fitted to this model? Blaupunkt Radio Cassette?

Any help appreciated.

Matt

Quite literally nothing (not even an aerial)unless some very expensive factory fit options were ordered. Most would have been dealer fit systems - usually a Blaupunkt radio cassette.

I bought a new 260E back in 1989/90 and the radio was an extra. When doing the deal with MB Bristol, we agreed they would fit a radio for me and electric aerial. The radio fitted was a Blaupunkt but the exact model escapes me.

Thanks guys, I did think as much - on the German forum they are pretty sure it would have been a Becker R/C for their market.

Of the older Benzes I've had of this period the UK fitted radios all seem to be Blaupunkts.

Verona, Coburg, Kingston, Lubeck - all are that era.

I will check later on, but i do have the hand book that came with my 260e with the name on it and i am sure its a Blaupunkt, but the model i am not sure The radio is atill at my cousins .as he purchased the car from new .But pulled it out and fitted a cd player

fromematt the radio type is a Blaupunkt Cassablanca SQR 49 or Coburg SQR 49 The wiring diagram is sitting in the wallet also .Thats 100 % positive it was the right fit for your car from new ...I have a Savilla fitted but a cd player.and not original .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom