1989'g' mercedes-benz 300ce-24 -genuine 'amg'-very rare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
very nice machine i would love it

Was for sale on autotrader for a bit not so long ago.
Looks nice especially with birds eye maple and Recaro's

wood should be gloss black, and it looks like it is...

all bodykit parts look genuine.

engine, for my money, is not the amg 103, there is no extra air intake on the filter housing, but it could have been replaced.

removal of the rotor arm, and a magnet on the holder, will prove if it is the amg lump, as it should be alloy, not steel, if the engine is genuine.

also remove the filler cap, and look for manual adjusters on the rockers.

AMG is it all about power

Hi. excuse my ignorance but when a merc gets the AMG treatment does this include the suspension and make for a harsher ride(sports suspention).With my limited knowledge i had presumed that all AMG's were v engines and built for power so was suprised to see the one advertised to be a straight six.I am also presuming that they are all petrol.My next car will be a diesel merc(price of fuel rising).But after joining this forum to sort out a prob, i am getting jealous, prehaps fuel prices should take a back seat and mid life crisis or just lust should be my mistress ,whatever I decide I am sure to find out more about AMG will be interesting :thumb:.

The only diesel AMG was the 203 C30 and was only lhd
It's nothing wrong with straight 6 AMG's,they were fast enough for their time

That's a horny looking w124, but I dont think it has a amg engine. The seller has listed it as a 300ce-24, so I would expect to se an early m104? Maybe that isnt the engine it had when it left strattons. :dk:

Its a 103.983 engine from factory, also had fabric alpaca grey interior from factory, data card shows just a standard 300 ce, nothing 'rare' me thinks apart from the post production mods.

Its a 103.983 engine from factory, also had fabric alpaca grey interior from factory, data card shows just a standard 300 ce, nothing 'rare' me thinks apart from the post production mods.

All AMGs of this period had post production mods, never factory. AMG was an independent aftermarket modifier.

The fuel filler cap shot on ebay shows its been rubbed down state and in a bodyshop....

All AMGs of this period had post production mods, never factory. AMG was an independent aftermarket modifier.

Correct, although some of the rare AMG conversions actually had a re-assigned chassis number plate by AMG Affalterbach, as evidenced by my Hammer w124. Gives a lot more authenticity to the AMGness of a vehicle....many of the UK AMG w126s also have 'Stratton' stickers which confirm the 'genuiness' of the AMG conversion.

cheers
talbir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom