1990 190E 2.5-16 Manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Hi guys,

A tentative post, but currently considering letting the 2.5-16 move on to a good home for the right money.

As many of you will know, it's a good solid example and has had a great deal of time and money spent on it in the last few months. At a guess, I must have spent £2-3k in my ownership (and a LOT of time and effort), plus a good chunk recently before that.

All the usual weak spots and big money jobs have been addressed - a complete cylinder head rebuild, with lots of additional parts replaced, five new Continental tyres and all wheels professionally refurbished, new MB battery, new front dampers, top mounts, Becker CD stereo. Within the last year before my ownership it also had plenty of preventative maintenance and servicing work - new subframe bushes, engine/gearbox mounts, fuel injectors, SLS work, all new seals for the rear screen and boot compartment etc.

It runs and drives fantastically, it's the best running 2.5-16 I've been in and pulls like a train throughout the rev range.

Simply due to lack of use (I've done circa 400 miles in it since all this work - it's my fourth car) I'm thinking it would be better to let it go to someone who'll get more time to enjoy and cherish this car.

Like I say - I'm in no rush to sell it, and haven't officially advertised it anywhere yet - but if a forum member is looking for a good, solid 2.5-16 at sensible money, I think you'd struggle to find a better one in today's market.

Some pictures on this thread:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members-gallery/97629-my-1990-190e-2-5-16-a.html

Enquiries by PM please if you're genuinely interested.

Many thanks,

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom