1990 508d do-ka prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TWIN CARB LHD

Car
W140,XJ12,220SB,E300D,STILO,508D
I'm looking for some info on what the cost of MB508D T2 (Panel Van) might have cost when it was new in 1990. Stupid question I know, but the French Insurance Company can not do a quote without it. I've tried all sorts in Google to no avail - hopefully someone in here might have or know of the information.

Just another hoop to jump through in the long slow process of moving IT to France :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Many thanks in advance

TCL

Why not ask a MB van dealer?

It will depend on the wheelbase of your van to get a true value. I can tell you that they fetch a lot of money now. Mine a 1985 model (pictured) is worth around (£6000) that was what my insurance company valued it. I imagine that they were around 12,000-20,000 depending on body and wheelbase.
Hope this gives some idea.

You say its a 508D; how come its got twin carbs. Correct me if i'm wrong but is it not a diesel? :confused:

Les,

The Twin Carbs are on the 1960 220SB. The van is an X German Red Cross Kastenwagen with 15,000KM on the clock(really), a 2.4D & a double cabin - nice.......

I am going through the Importing Process with the French Authorities who are really giving me the run-around, especially as it is not a standard vehicle - I even had to have a commercial M.O.T as it tips the balance of 3.5T Gross. Hopefully tomorrow, I will be able to get it weighted at a commercial weigh-bridge to satisfy the first part of this on-going process - another piece of paper that the French just love - from once city to then apply for registration in another:wallbash:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=155715483 <<<< similar to this one

TCL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom