1990 560 SEC AMG Extras in Blue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
anything i've ever seen at HMC is overpriced tat. Looked at three mingers there over the years.

I've seen that Magenta SEC in person at HMC (which is 1 mile from my house !). It's actually a Zender car not AMG.

Needs a lot of work to bring back to respectable condition.

cheers
talbir

What I was trying to say Dash was that every car I have gone to see there has been poor, tarted up, not what it was advertised to be. Talbir's comment merely backs up my general overview of HMC....

And without Talbirs post?!!You've to remember is a low mileage SEC here,can't be many of them about

Dash, the condition of the car would never suggest it is low mileage. If it is low mileage then it has probably sat outside open to all the elements without care for a number of years, such is the condition of the car.

It would need a good 3-4k gbp of restoration and plenty of labour to go with, to make it look how Zender intended. and i'm only pricing that on the basis of visible bodywork required. If chassis/suspension compnents underneath follow suit, then double that pricing !

thanks
talbir

And without Talbirs post?!!You've to remember is a low mileage SEC here,can't be many of them about

The car may claim to have 40k miles, but even looking at the pictures you can tell that is not the condition a 40k mile car should have. Looking at the fenders, it appears the side markers are not placed in the correct place?

The seats' leather should be clean and tight with no looseness... but you see looseness typical with seats that had a lot of wear. At 40k miles, the seats should typically be clean and like new.

If the steering wheel was placed since new, then that wheel shows wear much greater than 40k miles.

The trunk/boot lid chrome is not uniform all around, which is strange for a low mile SEC.

Mileage is not everything.... condition is. I have to agree with the other members that it is overpriced and the overall condition is not what would expect out of a 40k mile car. Even if the mileage is proven to be correct, it was not well taken care of and will require a lot of work to where it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom