1990 E 300D . Vacuum Hose Loose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blobbyknobby

Hi I recently movd to the world of Merc from VAGland..

I bought a uk model 1990 E 300D. Non turbo. Auto. 175k Engine,box,everything very tight until recently!!

On driving the changup has become jerky. Was always smooth and refined. Also reverse gear takes 3-4 secs to start moving backwards?

I checked under the bonnet checking the usual vacuum hose probs first. I came across this hose unconnected and I need to find out where it goes.

Behind the air filter box is the vacuum pump which is working great for everything else. A green valve extends of it leading to my unconnected pipework. Ive enclosed pics.

If this is meant to be connected to the auto box. Where does it go? Pics please. There is a strong suck pipe on the unconnected hose !!

Any help welcone.

Thanks

Gavin
IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

Replies to email and forum please !!

[email protected]

Auto Bos Probs.

Hmmm, you're not getting much response - which is surprising for this website.
I don't know enough about Auto Boxes to comment but I'm not so sure your vacuum lead is connected with it - if you'll excuse the pun.
You sure all the other Anc Equip is working OK? Recirc' vent might use vacuum, door locks obviously, headlight position shift might well use vacuum too.
If you're absolutely sure all is OK and you find out that the Auto Box does NOT use vacuum then I'd try changing the auto fluid. It seems to be the best palce to start for Auto Box probs.
Good Luuck !!

Welcome tom the forum blobby,

It looks as though the rubber piece is just a connector to the white nylon pipe which goes to the auto box switch (you can see an example in the background of the photo)

The auto switch is located on the side of the box, find this and then the pipe connected to it and trace it back, chances are it's laying across the cross member or something :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom