1990 W201 190 Carburetor project car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
An elderly friend of mine has too many cars (6 for 2 drivers) & this one has been shuffled to the back of the pack & under utilised. He's having a car clear out, hoping to get down to 3 cars. I suggested an ad here before it gets punted out to a wider audience on ebay or AT.

It is a 1990 'G' reg 2 litre automatic 190 (with a carb, not a 190E). AFAIK this car has zero electronics. I've heard people say that come the nuclear winter three things will still be going: the internet, cucarachas & Mercedes 190s.

My friend has owned it for about 15 years & knew it before buying it when it belonged to a friend of his. It has been sitting around for about 3 years, fired up now & then to be driven around a local field. I drove the car when it was last on the road & was impressed by how refined & comfortable it was. 147 odd thousand miles, in need of a tune up, starts intermittently now due to lack of use this is an easy project for someone who hankers for that 1990's driving experience for peanuts. Comes with a genuine MB N/S front wing in the right color.

I could waffle on for a few hundred words about the car but the pictures tell the story better than I can. Bear in mind not a single thing has been done to tart this car up & make it look better. If you have an interest you really need to come & see it, & pretty soon before it gets advertised.

The car is about 5 miles E. of Reading.

£1450 ono.

photoupload

Last edited:
The car has been serviced & the intermittent start issue attended to - it was a stuck needle in the carb.

The car now comes with a brand new 12 month MOT.

If anybody is interested I'll honour the £1250 price for a few days for mbclub guys, after that it's going to be advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom