1991 300TE, anyone need a cheapie?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
I've just bought another car and the 300TE will have to move on after nearly 3 years of faithful service.

It's a 1991 300TE Auto.

198K miles. Runs and drives well, starts instantly from cold, starts first time from hot but takes a couple of seconds cranking sometimes.

Nautic blue with beige cloth interior, 7 seats. Interior is actually pretty good, no holes in the driver's seat etc.

MOT and tax till end of September/October ish (will check)

Front wings have the usual blistering and a bit of rust under the passenger rear side window seal.

CD changer in the boot.

15-hole wheels that were refurbed a couple of years back

Had new plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor, air filter, wiper blades etc when I first got it. New front pads last year, handbrake shoes the year before. Oil change in the last couple of thousand miles.

If anyone is interested on here, let me know and I'll take a couple of pics, otherwise I guess I'll Gumtree/eBay it over the weekend?

In a nutshell - a bit tatty in places (it's 20+ years old, 200k miles..), but very handy and nice to drive. The tyres (all Michelin) have ok tread but are getting a bit old/cracked in places.

Use it until the MOT/tax runs out, stick another ticket on it or flog it on/break it for spares etc.

It's been 100% reliable, I'd drive it anywhere. Done about 400 miles in the last month running about, it's such a handy car - moving furniture, gardening, trips to the tip etc. 7-seats is sometimes useful!

I'm looking for £400-500 with the 15-holes, or maybe £100 less with a set of steels.

Will

Ok - £400 as it stands, or £350 with a set of steels.

Will take some pics at the weekend and then it goes on Gumtree/eBay etc. To be honest, it's just a Nautic blue 300TE with a few bubbles on the wings. Doesn't look disgraceful by any means and the interior is nice :)

I'd love it to go to someone on here as it'll sail past 200k miles with ease and should give a few more years good service to someone :cool:

One of the best cars I've bought, has done me well for 3 years and it's been so useful. Need the space now!

Will

Now on Pistonheads, Gumtree etc:

Boring Stuff : Mercedes-Benz 300TE Auto - 7-Seater Estate

£400 to a forum member, I might look at sticking another ticket on it if someone is really keen, or will consider breaking it if there's sufficient interest.

I reckon there's a good few quids worth of parts here - New grille insert, clean set of refurbed 15-holes, leather wheel and shifter, window motors, switches, lights, relays etc.

ASD relay, engine parts, 3k mile old distributor cap and rotor arm (genuine MB parts), SLS struts, control valve, ARBs, brake calipers, etc.

Shell should fetch £150-200+, I reckon the wheels, bolts and centre caps are worth £100. So make offers if you need any parts!

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom