1991 300TE for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vectrolosys

Car
91 300TE, 88 XJ40 3.6
Hello,

It is with great regret that the time has come to sell my 1991 300TE (S124). Unfortunately, due to moving house and not being able to fit the vehicle into my garage, plus a forthcoming company car allowance and a 5 year age limit, the 124 has to go as I only have room for one classic on the fleet.

Without a doubt, this has to be one of the best cars I have ever owned. It's up there with my XJ40 in levels of owner satisfaction. To boot, it's also a fantastic car that needs some cosmetic attention and deserves to be cherished.

It has been used sparingly over the past two winters and has not ventured off the drive this year, so has not seen any salt at all this year.

Over the past 18 months, I have completed the following work.

- Full Waxoyl for the already clean underside
- Hammerite of major suspension parts
- replacement front springs
- New HT leads, cap, arm and plugs
- two oil and filter changes (have covered under 10k in the past 18 months)
- a wash and polish at least 3 times a month.

She comes with the following.

- Tax until April 11
- MOT until March 11.

Last MOT there were no advisories, or indeed any work!. I am not adverse to putting another 12 months on for the right buyer, but the price will be £200 higher.

Minus sides first

- Nearside front wing, rust spots in usual place at leading edge by bumper
- Offside front wing, spots just starting. Both presentable
- Scrape on offside rear arch, where I caught it on my gate. Not horrendous by any means.
- Under the rear offside window, rust breaking through.
- Rust around the aerial
- Rust around the bootlock.

Underside is ridiculously clean for a car of this age, the MOT man said he has seen 4 year old cars with a lot more rust, for a twenty year old car, the condition is remarkable.

Recentl servicing work this year (carried out by myself).

- new leads, plugs, cap, arm....
- brake fluid change and brake service
- Oil and filter
- air filter
- Coolant flush and change.

Equipment, standard 300TE.

- electric windows x4 (some issues with drivers side mech)
- 7 seats
- electric sunroof

Returns around 30MPG on a run, well, a recent marathon to Southampton, and then Bolton and back to Burnham on Sea!.

So, all this for £500 as is. Photos at the weekend, but here is a photo of the vehicle, taken last year. TBH, it hasn't changed much, though the ride height has now been corrected with the new springs!!

PM for further details.

IMAG0355.jpg

162,000 miles , forgot to add.

Major work on the engine (checking previous receipts)

- Headgasket in 2004
- Tappets also replaced at 120,000.

Car is currently located in Highbridge, Somerset, but can be located in Southmead, Bristol if needed.

Hi All,

Some photos that I have taken today. Excuse the black edging on some of them, the camera decided that it was going to have a funny five minutes (possibly bought on by the cold!).

100_1107.jpg

100_1108.jpg

100_1109.jpg

100_1106.jpg

100_1105.jpg

100_1102.jpg

100_1101.jpg

100_1100.jpg

100_1099.jpg

And the blemishes.

100_1103.jpg

100_1093.jpg

100_1094.jpg

100_1092.jpg

100_1091.jpg

100_1090.jpg

100_1098.jpg

100_1088.jpg

The brown stuff over the bubbling, is grease. I have applied this to help prevent any further spread, and to keep the moisture away from the area.

New year price reduction , £400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom