1991 500e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think this was a members car

1991 Mercedes-Benz 500E | eBay UK

Might be of interest to someone here?

Can't believe it hasnt been posted here yet :eek:

Cheers,
Bill

Hi Bill, I think this was a members car. It has been discussed previously (due to the quad exhausts) on the forum. Very nice car, I'm looking for one myself but the price is a little out of my range. :thumb:

strange that it has had an engine rebuild and rear suspension refurbishment after less than 100k miles ...

Not keen on those exhausts to be honest :doh:

I remember this belonging to someone on Pistonheads at some point.

Yes the engine rebuilt is a little suspect. Maybe the owner will chime in on this thread?

Personally, I think 500E's today are worth 5-6k, unless they are in tip top condition and maybe a Limited edition model, they can demand anywhere from 10-15k depending on mileage.

But your usual 500E has been thrashed and most of them are pretty costly to fix.

strange that it has had an engine rebuild and rear suspension refurbishment after less than 100k miles ...

An engine refurbishment may refer to timing chain replacement, which is imperative to do on m119s and m117s each 100k miles.

Suspension refurb can easily be a 50k interval job depending on how/where driven.

cheers
talbir

The lack of early History and the fact that its had an engine rebuild would make me want to ask more questions on the car, as the first thing that enters my head, is "is the mileage genuine?, especially as its an import (as are most of them) and the fact that it does'nt have any early history and its needed an engine rebuild.

No mention of engine harness being replaced which is also another question I would want answered.

If I could get comfortable with that missing info, it looks a tidy enough example.

I remember this belonging to someone on Pistonheads at some point.

Yes the engine rebuilt is a little suspect. Maybe the owner will chime in on this thread?

Personally, I think 500E's today are worth 5-6k, unless they are in tip top condition and maybe a Limited edition model, they can demand anywhere from 10-15k depending on mileage.

But your usual 500E has been thrashed and most of them are pretty costly to fix.

Yup ex-pistonheads car.

I had some emails back and forth with the former owner a while back. He sold it on ebay last time and took a bit of a hit cost wise in the short time he had it.

Hefty mark-up this time around!

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/spotted-ebay/86412-another-500e.html

Last edited:
You'd be stuck with that quad exhaust setup because if you removed it back to an original twin, you'd have holes either side of the bumper. 500E rear bumpers dont come cheap either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom