1991 E 300 D W124-603 sedan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iscaboy

Car
W124 E300 D (1991)
My 3rd merc, (should have kept the 220se) and 2nd E300D (should have kept that one too) and I think I got lucky with this one (will post some pix later) as it has a few minor mechanical defects (the serp idler, small blow on zorst, "clack" when opening and closing driver door, and central locking doesn't work from drivers door.

But apart from that seems remarkably clean and rust free for one of these. Bodywork uppers are mint, no bubbling, nothing, and prelim inspection underneath (must put her on a ramp soon) also looks remarkably clean and rust free.

Doesn't have a cruise control (fairly basic model) so if anyone has a stick, servo and amp going cheap.

Would also like to grab a spare set of 8 hole alloys, refurb them, swap tyres over, and then get rid of the existing set of 8 holes, which are in good nick physically but lacking cosmetically.

The car is white, with the 2 tone plastic lowers, I'm wondering if the lack of rust is related to the paint colour, I used to run Rover SD1's and always made a point of buying either blue or yellow as the paint seemed to stick better.

As you may be able to tell from the handle, myself and the car live in Exeter, Devon.

Hi, Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got yourself a nice car there. Post a picture when you can. (How many miles?).

Sedan?

Is it an American version?
OK, saloon...

having grown up in a mixture of places, to me..

shooting brake = estate
sedan = saloon, if a "luxury" make / model
saloon = saloon, if a "standard" model (eg cortina)
soft top = convertible (or as my mate used to call them, a "skip"
2+2 = coupe (eg 2 doors and 4 seats)
pickup = anything with 2 seats in the cab and a load space at the rear
crew cab = any pickup with more than 2 seats in the cab

so basically, according to my lexicon at least, merc didn't make any E class saloon cars, they made sedans.

don't get me started on pantechnicons etc

Hi, Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got yourself a nice car there. Post a picture when you can. (How many miles?).
179k, and drives as tight as a drum.

will post pix in a day or so, including the underbody etc

here's a pic from the fleabay advert

Br7NegBGkKGrHqEH-C0EvDJMtMuVBL1ydlJ7Sw_3.JPG

Hi and welcome to the forum.We are having a w124 gtg in two months,let us know if you like to come

whereabouts? and what happens there, just a meet in a car park or what?

(booze / wimmin / smokes supplied? or must I bring my own?)

I'll take a pass on that one, I avoid Londinium like the plague if at all possible, especially since the congestion charge nonsense.

Welcome mate and I try to avoid London yet I live right next to the poxy place - hate paying to drive somewhere when I already have done so (er road fund tax) and parking tax Richmond CO2 poxy idiots - I could moan for England!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom