1991 W124 Coupe Interior Wood Trim Removal Tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mtgraphics

Car
1991 W124 230 CE
I am looking to remove all of the wood trim to wrap it, some of it is showing it's age and I'm not a massive fan of the walnut.

I have found some video on Youtube for the consul removal and door panel removal, so they should be fine but I need some advice on the wood on the dash and heater surround.

Anybody removed these before, or any "how to" guides anywhere?

Any advice much appreciated

For the heater surround, pull both control knobs, firm grip or pliers wrapped in a rag to protect the knobs. You'll see a large nut where each knob was, unscrew them both. Next there should be two self tapping screws on the lower edge of the surround, just above the radio. You might have to remove the radio first. Once they're out, the panel unhinges upwards.

The dash trim pieces are a little more labour intensive, they each have a number of nuts holding them in place. To get at them properly you're going to have to remove the instrument cluster and the air vents as well as dismantle the glove compartment lid.

For the heater surround, pull both control knobs, firm grip or pliers wrapped in a rag to protect the knobs. You'll see a large nut where each knob was, unscrew them both. Next there should be two self tapping screws on the lower edge of the surround, just above the radio. You might have to remove the radio first. Once they're out, the panel unhinges upwards.

The dash trim pieces are a little more labour intensive, they each have a number of nuts holding them in place. To get at them properly you're going to have to remove the instrument cluster and the air vents as well as dismantle the glove compartment lid.

Thanks very much for that advice

That's my weekend taken care off by the sounds of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom