1992 190E 1.8 AUTO, 46,255 Miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steviebabes

Car
2009 Cayenne S 4.8 V8 Petrol
December 1992 Mercedes Benz 190E 1.8 Automatic
Located on Tyneside at the home of its owner, who bought it brand-new from a UK Authorised Dealer (Gerard Mann of Coventry).
Midnight Blue with grey cloth interior.
Currently uninsured and SORN.
Includes number plate, Handbook, Service Book and two keys with fobs.
We were about to fuel it and start it up but suddenly decided it might be a good idea to offer it to a person experienced in re-commissioning cars. We don't want to ruin a great car for the want of a bit of skill in restarting her.
Five Best Points:
46,255 miles!
Lovely clean interior
Unmarked and very lightly used front seats
Was a quiet, reliable and perfect runner on its last outing 18 months ago
Unchipped windscreen

Three Worst Points (photos available of each):
3 inch square piece of corrosion inside front passenger door, around the hinge.
Small corner of the bonnet has suffered paint-rub.
N/S door mirror has suffered surface corrosion

First no-nonsense forum member to offer £1,250 becomes the second Registered Keeper! (Though do bear in mind you'll need to trailer it away).

Attachments

• 15072013518.jpg
    15072013518.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 15072013522.jpg
    15072013522.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 15072013517.jpg
    15072013517.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 233
Hi everyone,

Mid-week update.

Being the shy, quiet type the owner is keen to sell before 21 July as this is when I go home, leaving him to deal with the sale all by himself.

Consequently, until 20 July an offer of £950 from a well-established forum member will secure this almost 21 year-old motor car!

Be it enacted that line four of the second post in this thread be amended forthwith by the deletion of £950 and the insertion of the following in its place: £750. :D

Notes:
This provision reduces the asking price from £950 to £750.
Commencement: 19 July 2013.

Since the car has now sat unused for a further eight years since I placed the original advert, I think it best to anticipate the new owner will plunder it for spares. I imagine it might very likely now take a lot of work, parts and expense to make the engine start once more. Thank you so much to the half-dozen members who have courageously offered to take the car away for me. I am holding-off a little while, in the hope someone experienced in vehicle extraction offers me the £1.00. The car is in a typical Tyneside rear yard, and will require dragging into a narrow rear access lane while making a 90 degree turn to face the public highway. You will be paying a little experience and effort in addition to your quid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom