1992 R129 320SL - Wiper not working - Wiring Diagram needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JediMerc

Car
1992 320SL, 1977 350SL
Hi
My 1992 320SL wiper motor stopped working just before its MOT was due. I couldn't find a new replacement motor so i found someone who could recondition it. I gave it back to my mechanic who told me once he had fitted it back it didn't work but the motor was ok. He told me he cant fix it because he cant find a wiring diagram. I also tried the dealer and they didnt have one on their part or servicing database.
Does anyone have a wiring Diagram for the R129?

The wiper on these cars is prone to a number of problems. The switch in the stalk itself can fail - check the wiper operation on all settings.
The relay is also prone to fail, try removing and reseating the relay or giving it a press when the wiper is switched on to see if it makes any difference. The motor itself also fails - additional load is placed on the motor if the arm assembly is not properly lubricated - it can seize up in the worst case. They are a nice design but can be a bit of a pita. Whilst you have the arm off the car it is worth giving it a proper overhaul by stripping down, cleaning and lubing.
Sorry dont have the wiring diagram - but from memory it should be pretty easy to trace the power from the switch through to the motor?

The wiper on these cars is prone to a number of problems. The switch in the stalk itself can fail - check the wiper operation on all settings.
The relay is also prone to fail, try removing and reseating the relay or giving it a press when the wiper is switched on to see if it makes any difference. The motor itself also fails - additional load is placed on the motor if the arm assembly is not properly lubricated - it can seize up in the worst case. They are a nice design but can be a bit of a pita. Whilst you have the arm off the car it is worth giving it a proper overhaul by stripping down, cleaning and lubing.
Sorry dont have the wiring diagram - but from memory it should be pretty easy to trace the power from the switch through to the motor?
Thank you for above advice. I will give this a go and feedback. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom