1992 R129 drivers window

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

056bob

Car
300SL 24
I lowered my driver window and it would not go back up I checked the fuse it was OK. I raised the centre consul,no loose wires, so I changed the connections over and the passenger window worked on the drivers switch and the passenger switch the drivers window did not work on either. I have changed the window motor as it was faulty but now I can,t get any power to the window and the front roof latches will not open but will close again if I first open them manually.

Maybe worth looking @ the roof module (under the rear bench seat) controls windows and roof, it contains various relays etc.

1st though check ALL your fuses are scrupulously clean, some people change them to brass/copper and find this more reliable. I just use some switch cleaner to seat them.

Thanks that was my next move, I wonder if the power to the windows is constant and the switch earths it to operate the window or does the switch send power to the window for it to function

I think it will reverse polarity for up/down.

Another thought.

The 1st part of the roof opening sequence is for the windows to drop, if they don't then the roof latches won't release.

Thanks for that, I'll remember that when I return to work on it what has thrown me is the window wound down and would not then move, the window motor was faulty I tested it twice, I changed the motor and now have no power to that window so it appears that 2 faults occurred at exactly the same time

I sent the roof module to BBA REMAN Telephone 01634 687222 they picked up the unit and returned it fully working in 6 days for £260. I think that it is excellent service and would recomend them if you have a roof problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom