1992 w124 300ce replacement rear shocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

willberforce

Car
w124
Hi everyone

I was hoping some wise head would be able to advise me on replacing rear shocks. I've been looking at these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301939783407

Reasonable? They don't come with protection gaiters though and these are proving tricky to find

Anyone know where I can get some?

Thank you

They look ok to me .And easy to fit . Just buy the best you can .A good make is the thing , and not to purchase a no name type . They look like stock shocks to me .They will be fine if you dont have any special type like self leveling .

I would go for Sachs myself, BestPartStore.co.uk have 106 878s at £39.18 each plus around £8 for shipping. ZF Webcat3 also has dust covers and buffers, but states for front only.

Thank you all for your sound advice, I appreciate it

Be careful ordering from that place (and any of the Autodoc sites). They have a tendency to send own brand "Stark" parts instead of the OEM parts you order. They then claim the Stark parts are actually better/more expensive and they only sent to save time blah blah.

They are based in Germany so delivery takes a week and you could also be lumbered paying expensive return P&P if they decide to send the wrong bits!

Be sure to call and demand OEM if you order, don't just click on the computer and hope!

Thanks to hotrodder for noting those suppliers - think I will be checking them first in future.

Thanks also to horatio for the caveat, that has actually happened to me once in the past three or four years. The other dozen or so orders were fulfilled OK. Will be more careful with Autodoc sites in future.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom