1992 W124 300TD - re-commissioning

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by dot, Sep 15, 2018.

1. dot

dot New Member

Hello All,

My son wants to use my old estate while his own car goes in for a winter's welding and restoration, so he's asked if he can use the tank for while (the boy has taste). The thing is it hasn't been on the road for 4-5 years, and needs a few servicing bits (which I can do) doing as well as a few suspension related jobs.

I have purchased some of the connectors and vacuum pipes as I know it has a leak somewhere causing the central locking not to work (maybe a slow gearchange too?), and I wondered if anyone has a diagram of this at all to get me started. I troubleshooted this on my old W123 a few years back with some success, so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Related to the last paragraph the engine won't shut off unless I open the bonnet and push the STOP lever - could this be related to my lack of vacuum or even a cause? I've got a new one I can put in, but I gather you have to pay attention to the way it's put in as you could achieve full acceleration rather than stopping if you get it wrong?!?

Unfortunately I have the suspension sag issue too, but I will deal with that once I'm back on the road. Is/are there members on here that deal with these items rather than me having to rely on eBay? If anyone knows could they point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance...