1993 320e with only 71k and AMG bodykit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
After much deliberation I have decided that I need to thin down my collection so I can concentrate on the W116 restoration so sadly the W124 has to go...

Some of you may remember when I bought it at the back end of last year it had been off the road for some time due to the previous owner having given up driving. There were a few things that needed doing for the MOT and it went straight through without any advisories once sorted!

Here is the spec...

1993 'K' 320e auto saloon
Only 71,000 miles from new with full service history
MOT December 2010
6 Months tax
Rosewood metallic paint
Full AMG bodykit including Ducktail boot spoiler
17" geniune AMG alloys with very good tyres
Mushroom leather interior in great condition (piping split on armrest)
Burred walnut trim
Centre storage box
Leather steering wheel
4 X electric windows (all working)
Electric tilt and slide sunroof (fully operational)
Central locking (Fully operational)
Illuminated sun visors
Headlamp wash/wipe
Period Pioneer head unit and 6 disc changer in the boot (fully working)

It had the following work carried out to recomision it last year before the MOT:

Full service inc. all filters
New ATF pipes
ATF fluid change and filter
New copper brake pipes
New brake flexi pipes X 4
New discs and pads all round
Brake fluid change
Coolant change
New battery tray
Alternator

Body wise the car is very straight and solid. The front wings have gone in the usual places, however, I am including a pair of virtually perfect front wings to go with the car.

The rest of the car is in good shape other than it requiring a complete re-paint. This is due to several small areas where the top coat of paint has come off, almost like someone has used paint stripper. This is mainly on the roof, boot lid and rear wings.
I took it in to a friend of mine who owns a bodyshop and he said there was very little work needed to prepare it ready for paint. He quoted me around £800-£1000 inc. (mates rates).
You probably could get away with just re-painting the affected areas, however, with this colour a perfect match is going to prove difficult to achieve without a full re-paint in my opinion.

There is no welding required and no rust to cut out, except for changing over the front wings.

I realise that there are lots of W124's out there,
many of which are in better cosmetic condition than mine. However, this car, with it's very low mileage, rare bodykit and superb smooth drive has the making of an absolute minter when re-painted.

Pricewise I'm looking for offers close to £2000, which I might add is far less than it currently owes me.
Please don't confuse this car with the sort of rubbish you find on ebay most of the time.

I will post up some decent pictures tomorrow.

If you are looking for a nice genuine, unmolested W124 then please come and have a look at this one. I can be contacted on 07802 176664 or send me a PM. The car is located in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex :)

Some pictures....

CIMG5231.jpg

CIMG5229.jpg

CIMG5233.jpg

CIMG5239.jpg

CIMG5240.jpg

CIMG5232.jpg

CIMG5223.jpg

CIMG5224.jpg

CIMG5222.jpg

CIMG5218.jpg

CIMG5214.jpg

CIMG5210.jpg
CIMG5216.jpg

CIMG5212.jpg

CIMG5220.jpg

CIMG5219.jpg

And a few more showing the paint blemishes...

CIMG5235.jpg

CIMG5236.jpg

CIMG5234.jpg

CIMG5211.jpg

Bump! No sensible offer refused :)

The bodykit and wheels alone are worth the asking price ;)

Forgot to say, I may consider a part ex for another Merc so try me:thumb:

Well, since there is no interest in the car on here I have just taken it to the bodyshop to have the front wings fitted/painted and also the boot where the paint blemishes are. I will be listing the car on Pistonheads/Ebay when it's done......

Called in the bodyshop today to see how things were progressing, very surprised to see virtually no rust on the inner wings when the outer wings were removed. This car is better than I thought :)

It's going in the spray booth this afternoon and re-assembly should take place early next week. I will post up some pics of the end result.

Well here she is, in all her new glory! Fresh number plates and I decided to fit the Avatgarde grille I had lurking in the garage, I think it transforms the front of the car.

Going to advertised her on pistonheads and possible car and classic :)

CIMG5430.jpg

CIMG5434.jpg

CIMG5431.jpg

CIMG5432.jpg

CIMG5436.jpg

CIMG5435.jpg

CIMG5437.jpg

CIMG5433.jpg

Had a couple of calls from PH already, got someone coming to view tonight.

Fingers crossed! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom