1993 A124 320CE Outside temperature display sensor cable removed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HowardP

Car
1989 C126 420 SEC (SOLD); 1985 W123 200 (SOLD); 1993 W124 320 CE CABRIOLET; 2012 W246 B180
When I bought my car last year I found the sensor and cable neatly coiled up next to the fuse box, with the two pin connector removed.

I am assuming this was removed because of a problem, although it seems rather drastic.

I also discovered the connector at the back of the display module had been disconnected, although reconnecting it made no difference to anything. There is a faint green glow with the lights on, but I suspect that is just reflected light.

I want to reconnect the cable but am not sure where to. I understand it connects to the loom that goes to the instrument binnacle, but I can find no two pin connector under the fuses or in the immediate vicinity. I cannot see where the loom goes through the bulkhead to the instruments either, assuming it's on the right side of the bulkhead.

I did have a look at a "How to" article on Peach Parts' website, but that refers to an 8 pin connector underneath the fuse block. There is no mention of a two pin connector.

Where should I be looking for the two pin connector please?
Could I connect the brown and green wires direct to the relevant pins on the display module, for test purposes?
Should the backlight work, even if there is no reading?

Now resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom