1993 W201 190E Automatic - £1475 - London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

N/B

Car
W201 190E
1993 Mercedes-Benz 190E

1.8 litre Petrol (Fuel-Injected)
Automatic Gearbox
143,000 miles
4 previous owners
Detailed Service History

MOT until September 2012
Tax until end Dec 2011

Power Steering
ABS
Central Locking
Electric Front Windows
Manual Sliding Sunroof
Heated Door Mirrors & Windscreen Washer Jets

History
This car did 51,500 miles in the first four years of its life, so the past 14 years have been pretty easy on it.
I've owned this for over 7 years (since August 2004), and covered just over 40,000 miles in it, most of those outside London.
The previous owner was my Dad who bought it in July 1997 with the aforementioned 51,500 miles on it. He always kept it garaged, for which I'm thankful.

Body
It's Red.
Paint colour 568 Signal Red with factory colour-coded door mirrors and lower panels.
Original paint in good condition, though there are a few scuffs and scratches you should expect to find on a 18-year-old car.
The O/S front wheel arch has a tiny rust blister on the edge, and there is also a little wrinkle in the same arch lip.
The two slim lower panels by the rear doors are also missing a clip each and are a little loose to the touch.
The windscreen had a small chip repair a while ago, it's been secure for over a year and is well outside the MOT test zone.
Light rust removal and prevention has been applied inside the boot and spare-wheel well, but overall this is a dry car.
MOT before last revealed a jacking point that required welding, so that was attended to quickly.
15" Alloy Wheels are in good condition, as are the tyres.

Interior
It's Black.
Everything works - every button, switch, lever and dial operates as it should, and illuminates if it should.
Even the Cigarette Lighter (which hasn't been used in this car for at least 14 years) works.
No curious odours.
Cloth seats still feel firm, have no rips, no holes, no stains or damage and the Driver's seat bolster hasn't worn through.
Doorcards are all in wonderful condition, as are the Dashboard and centre console. No cracks, no holes from old phone kits or dodgy stereos.
Original Zebrano wood trim present, as well as a Sony Radio/CD/MP3 stereo unit.
Black carpets are in superb condition, having spent their life covered by overmats. Genuine black M-B overmats are included.
Boot carpet and parcel shelf are clean and in great condition.
Also included are the original Mercedes-Benz Tool Roll, Warning Triangle and that all-important box of 18-year-old Elastoplast residing in the parcel shelf.

Engine & Servicing
It runs well.
I've kept it serviced with Mobil Semi-Synth 10W40 Oil and good quality filters every 4,000-5,000 miles.
Recent Service (within the last 1,000 miles) included new Distributor Cap, Rotor Arm, Leads, and Plugs (all Bosch), along with Gearbox fluid & filter and front Brake pads.
Recent new Bosch Battery too.
In my ownership it's had the main 190E jobs done - New Timing Chain & Tensioner, new Tappets, new Ball Joints and the Metal Thermostat Housing Upgrade.
Also had new Brake Discs all round, front ARB Bushes, Propshaft Couplings, a replacement Exhaust system, rear Brake Lines and other bits and bobs.

The only peculiarity is that the car idles fast from a cold start, but this settles down to normal after 5-10 minutes of driving and has never affected reliability or fuel consumption.
This little niggle has been around for 3 years or so and periodically parts have been replaced that temporarily cured it, but various technicians still could not ascertain the problem.
As said though, the car has remained totally reliable and I never hesitated to take it on 500-mile round trips.

Never failed an MOT, never broken down and never been issued a SORN.
Reliable car, I will be sad to see it go.

£1,475

Offers Invited.
Viewings positively encouraged.
Car is located in London W9, near Paddington.

6389810195_c9bef5894a_o.jpg

6389809685_1f91c50cc6_o.jpg

6389811453_bf3ec20143_o.jpg

6389807697_6de3c350dc_o.jpg

6389810607_b32785170c_o.jpg

6389807279_4a23c3c33d_o.jpg

6389808953_820058e64b_o.jpg

6389808561_5760a0d0e2_o.jpg

This car has now been sold, thanks for looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom