1994 c200 cdi manual ignition problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brandydey

Car
c200 cdi
Hi,
I have an intermitant ignition problem, most of the time I start the car and all works fine apart from the glow plug light comes back on after a couple of seconds then goes out after a couple of mins, other times the car wont start although the key turns but no starter, and other times the car starts and drives fine but there are no dashboard elecrtics working including rev counter etc and no other electrics such as electric windows although the headlamps come on. can any body help me with this the vehicle

I would start by checking the ignition switch and possibly the earth straps

thanks for your reply, I suspected it could be the ignition switch but how do you test it are they repairable or do i just buy a new one for a small fortune and hope for the best

The glowplug light indicates a duff plug, the ignition switch is probably worn out and your car isn't a Cdi, it's an indirect diesel.

Thanks very much, I asumed it was a CDi as it has the badge on the back but as you know that doesnt mean anything. I will get the glow plug sorted but the ignition switch is going to be expensive as I suppose it comes with the keys etc.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom