1994 C200 Heater Fan stopped working.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LoTu5

Car
1976 Trans Am, 1973 Mach 1 Mustang & 2007 Mercedes SL350
A few days ago my heater fan stopped working, then a couple of days later it worked. It's now stopped working again and refuses to come on. I've checked fuse number 14 and that seems ok, any other pointers - where is the actual fan motor itself?

Thanks in advance.

The motor is located under the passenger side dashboard, held in the with three bolts. Take the bottom cover off then you will see the motor.

If you need a motor, I should have one.

You can use a volt meter to see if you have voltage and if you do then you motor has gone faulty.

Cheers, I'll jump on the job in the next couple of days and check it out.

Problem sorted - took off the underside of the passenger footwell/dash cover. Pulled out the large filter to the side of the fan motor and a heap of debri made up of dust, leaves and all sorts fell out of the filter. Cleaned the filter up and then took the cover of the fan motor, turned on the fan motor to full speed and gave it a couple of bangs with my trusty fist where upon more debri fell out into the footwell and the motor started working. Gave it a few more bangs, with the hoover on the area sucking out any more unwanted material and the motor seems to be working in better condition than previous. That was one cold job but the gremlins seem to be in the hoover now. An area worth checking and cleaning out every now and again.

Problem sorted - took off the underside of the passenger footwell/dash cover. Pulled out the large filter to the side of the fan motor and a heap of debri made up of dust, leaves and all sorts fell out of the filter. Cleaned the filter up and then took the cover of the fan motor, turned on the fan motor to full speed and gave it a couple of bangs with my trusty fist where upon more debri fell out into the footwell and the motor started working. Gave it a few more bangs, with the hoover on the area sucking out any more unwanted material and the motor seems to be working in better condition than previous. That was one cold job but the gremlins seem to be in the hoover now. An area worth checking and cleaning out every now and again.

Pleased to hear that you've got it working again, although I suspect the brushes on the motor are on their way out. Don't be too surprised if it stops spinning again in a few hundred miles :eek:

At least you know where it is and how to access it now :)

Will

Pleased to hear that you've got it working again, although I suspect the brushes on the motor are on their way out. Don't be too surprised if it stops spinning again in a few hundred miles :eek:

At least you know where it is and how to access it now :)

Will

Fingers crossed it lasts the winter, or at least for this cold spell. A car is totally disabled without a fan motor in these conditions, everything and I mean everything condensates then freezes up with the temperatures we've been having. I'll take your tip and take it apart in the spring/summer, if it lasts that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom