1994 E280 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
124 Cabriolet - 320 CE; 1973 350 SLC
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Really appealing and honest 7 seater 124 estate. Smart colour combination of Malachite Green with Cream MB-Tex upholstery. Comprehensive history of routine and preventative maintenance. MOT to 23 July 2016.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have owned the car for 18 months, and it has proved to be a great utility/family vehicle during that time. Sadly, with 3 other cars, two of them Mercedes of similar vintage, the time has come for it to move-on to pastures new. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The car has been well-maintained and tended, and absolutely everything works, including many of the things that often don't on these: the sunroof, climate control, boot soft-close and electric aerial. There is no windscreen de-lamination, there are no leaks, the boot and wheel wells are completely dry, and there is no internal damage, stain or smell. Whilst it wears its few battle-scars with pride, it really is a wonderful car in better-than-average condition for its vintage. I am resisting the temptation to claim that, at 218,200 miles, it's just run-in, but it feels smooth, powerful and reliable, and the engine is a peach.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I am a keen Mercedes fan, club member and forum poster, and very much enjoy being part of the growing scene these cars are attracting. The quality of these models really shines and for those who know about these cars, it really doesn't get much better. Engineering-led design, un-paralleled practicality and modern features, all in a timeless classic package. Old enough to be considered a classic, but with modern features such as ABS, aircon, front airbags, electric windows and remote central-locking, it's a really appealing car and a wonderful alternative to the dull, bland and un-noticeable.

The car car comes with 2 sets of wheels; the original 15-hole alloys, and a set of steel wheels with winter tyres which are currently fitted. For anyone after a winter hack, this would be perfect. It also comes with a genuine MB factory-fitted removable tow-bar, has genuine MB over-mats, has the full luggage cover and cargo net, and the 7-seat option. The MB-tex upholstery is resilient and hard-wearing and is in excellent condition, with no tears, rips or wear. In general, the interior is in good condition.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The exterior looks really smart from a distance. Close-up, you'll notice a scuff on the front bumper, and a small crack in the rear. There are a few minor scratches, and a little dink on the nearside door, but there is nothing that you wouldn't expect to see on any car this age. There is a penny-sized blob of surface corrosion near the rear number plate. The front passenger wing looks fine, but there is some corrosion bubbling under the paint. The driver's wing has rust just beginning to break through the paintwork on the front arch above the bumper. To be frank, it is a long way from being in any way embarrassing, but if I were keeping the car I'd be looking at new wings in the next couple of years to preserve the classy look. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]There is a thick history file showing receipts from about 1996 onwards for routine work and servicing, with lots of invoices for other items and MOTs. The most recent work that I have had done includes a new exhaust and a major service in June 2015 which included front brake pads, rocker cover gasket and auto gearbox oil replacement. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In sum, this is a nice-looking and well-maintained car, recently serviced and with a long MOT. These venerable old things are special in a way that few modern cars can match, and this one will be hard to beat. Car is located between Gloucester and Cheltenham. Asking price is £2750, and I am of course open to sensible offers.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Advert with pictures here:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C676605#[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]and here:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mercedes-benz/e280/1994-mercedes-e-class-e-280/4923982
[/FONT]

PRICE DROP

I'm dropping the price to £2150 ONO, so if anyone may be interested just let me know.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C676605#[/FONT]

SOLD. Car now sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom