1994 MERCEDES S320 LIMO AUTO GREY W140-Long Wheel Base

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi & 2001 W208 CLK230K (SORN since 2008)
MERCEDES BENZ S320L (long wheel base)

Open to sensible offers
I have made a PDF Book with some large images of the car showing the Good and bad points listed. Click or copy and paste the link below to download the File (3mb file):

www.violetsky.co.uk/SCLASS.pdf

This is my fathers car who is looking to downgrade to an E or C Class.

Here is a S320L Mercedes S Class. Its an M Reg 1994 in Grey with matching grey panels. The car has some Bad and Good points. Most important is the car is taxed until 31 Dec 2009 and an MOT until 26 August 2009. The car is being used on a daily basis and had a new head gasket along with a rebuilt gearbox less than 12 months ago so the engine and gearbox run smooth as silk!. The car was exported overseas at some time in its life as the cluster is in KPH which may be an advantage if you are looking to export! Showing 182500/ about 113300 miles. The car was re-registered in the UK on 19 Nov 1998. This car is being sold which means the buyer car drive it home with the legal insurance, no need to turn up with a trailer. Have owned this car since November 2004.

GOOD POINTS:

Rebuilt Gearbox 12 months ago

New head gasket 12 months ago

Full black leather interior with no tears.

Electric front seats with ortepedic settings and electric rear bench to allow extra foot space

Usual Limo refinments

Individual Front and rear climate heating controls, vanity mirrors and interior lights

Pioneer CD player, does have a multi changer in boot but has not been conected. Unsure if this is working, but its there all wired up. Ariel mast works.

All electric windows work*

Electric rear blind

Cruise control

Auto gearbox

Nokia Phone Cradle

No warning lights show when car is idle or running.

Soft closing doors

All 4 tyres are road worthy.

4 months road tax

All Paperwork and documents

BAD POINTS

The body work has small dents and dings on most panels.

Passenger side rear door was knocked in by some nob jockey but a garage pulled the dent out for me, it still shows but not that bad.

Small areas of rust appearing on the arches. The bonnet os probably the least affected. The front and rear bumpers are grazed and could do with a respray, no cracks so no need to replace, both covers from the front bumper are missing.

*Front passenger window has recently giving problems and only goes half way down. May require an internal clean or some oil to loosen the channels.

Drivers electric seat back support does not go forward or back so it is locked in an upright position. Could be the motor or the switch.

All the switches for the seats are loose and require new pins to lock into place on the doors.

The duo Valve is no working at present so the car only blows Hot air! Prior to the duo valve going the heating worked fine along with the air con.

The radiator has a small leak and requires a water top up now and then.

Rear divers side light has a crack and a piece of plastic missing but nothing serious.

The self close doors work but the air locks need sorting, the pump runs fine but it seems some of the air pipes have come loose meaning the drivers and passengers door need to be opened by the key.

Rear reversing masts are not working correctly. They do not rise when in reverse but sometimes come up when boots is open! May be a pipe loose in air pump.

All alloys are 8 HOLE chrome finish but are beginning to fade.

No Service History as the book has been misplaced.

The Folding mirrors both work but the drivers is struggling to close and then open when the switch is presses, it seems the motor is working fine but the cogs may need some oil to loosen them.

The boot lock pin retracts to the close position, probably linked to the air lock pump when it is opened and left open. It means you have to lock the car and the open the car with the button on the key fob for the pin to reset to the open position.

Althought there are a few Bad points they are quite minor and do not affect the running of the car, it runs like a S Class to put it bluntly, the engine is a powerful 3.2 with a responsive kickdown. I have mentioned everything I can that I can see and notice, please feel free to ask any questions and I will endeavour to answer them as soon as possible.

I have taken quite a few pictures, which show the good and bad points. It is a fully running S Class, not a Tow away car being sold for parts.

Cash or Cheque. Please note the Cheque will require 5-7 working days to clear before the car and paper work is handed over.

Mot

MOT is booked in but I still need to sell it so PM me with any offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom