1994 s124 walnut ashtray question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
Walnut ashtray part # for my s124 is MA 124 810 15 30 but since a new one is £253+VAT, my question is...

Was the part number the same for estates pre and post facelift?
Or even across w124 / s124 / pre / post facelift?

I'm hoping it is the same part obviously as it widens the possibilities.

Thanks in advance.

I think the ashtray is the same all rounder inc coupe and saloon but it`ll be a pain matching the burl color though

Yup. Every model I could find on the EPC with Burled Walnut had the same part number as you have given.

ashtray3.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant. I could buy any number of them off ebay before I hit £300 the price of a dealership new one. The other trim parts I got are justifiable from the dealership as they aren't that expensive an like as not will be rather tired if bought used.
Many thanks Druk and d w124.

I did see that one but I also did a bit more searching on ebay and came up with...

MERCEDES W124 ESTATE WOOD ASHTRAY AND UNUSED LIGHTER FROM 1992 VEHICLE. | eBay

£10 vs £300 hopefully a result (this one looks more pristine than the other)

But many thanks for trying.

I took the decision to overhaul the s124 in full which means:-

1 Alot of piddly interior bits new to replace scruffy bits (cracked, scratched or hole drilled trim id very frustrating)
2 Tailgate trim requiring some repair and refixing (proably a combination of new fixings and a bit of custom repair work by myself)
3 Wiper mechanism needing either a good regreasing or motor needs new brushes.
4 Some lower panel bodywork including a front bumper which a rabbit managed to impact a few years back and a few scratches courtesy of Mrs D's initiation in driving larger cars.
5 drivers side cloth bolster replacement (probably d class in the new year).
6 driver's seatbelt ideally needs replacing (has been seen to once with silicone aerosol which gave it a little life)
7 replacement of most of the switch bulbs with those modern LED style ones which glow brighter.

I did once manage to repair the walnut cubby hole flexible cover which had completely self destructed so I think I ought to be able to manage most of this myself.

Les

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom