1994 SL500 imperial red 12 months MOT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Watchcame430

MB Enthusiast
Car
Previous 1994 SL500, 2001 W210 E430 and 2003 Designo S500 Current 2005 S211 E270
1994 Mercedes R129 SL500, imperial red, mushroom leather.

160k miles but shows as 120k due to speedo change (shows on hip as mileage discrepancy due to this)

Lovely working roof in beautiful condition.

Probably knocking on the door of 2 grand spent last 12 months.

£700 of it at D class repairing bolster.

It's not a show car ... Paintwork has some marks and scratches in places.

Interior is very good. Wood has been re done and only fault really is small tear in roll bar leather.

Hard top has some aluminium corrosion in a few places.

10 owners. Poor history as owner before last passed away and it sat for quite a few years and no history passed by estate to previous owner.

Filters etc were all genuine merc parts when it was serviced though.

New near discs and pads plus 12 months MOT with no advisories last week!

I have changed a lot of bits on it including brand new genuine Amber indicators, wiper motor, seat switch, speakers and blaupunkt Bluetooth stereo ( original included), EGR valve, Dissie caps and rotors, battery, filters, wiper blades and stuff I have forgotten. (All in 12 months)

Been to Mercedes twice in last year ... They did a coolant change and a full inspection.

Wheels are great - no curbing. Tyres fine and good brand.

Drives nice, idles spot on ... Accelerates smoothly.

Bad stuff apart from the marks on the body work are air con does not blow cold. It is not 'refill needed'. The air con rad has a hole in it and leaks out over two days. Also a air con pipe leaking ... A replacement included.

Also the battery doesn't quite seem to last a week so possible drain or alternator not charging?
The issue is I am not using it , hence the sale ... Only done 1200 miles in last year.

Also more into Range Rovers at the moment so better its with someone else.

Price for quick sale = £3k including factory wind deflector and a set of sealed NOS genuine floor mats. (At asking price)

I am near Bath/Warminster. BA13 post code.

Hpi not hip in the description. Sorry for confusion.

Price increase to £3495 .... Too cheap putting people off?

Reminder it has 12 months MOT with no advisories.

One final bump before I PX it as I think my S class has been written off this week. May as well PX it on the new car. It's a great car ... I just don't have the time.

Not going to actively sell this now but drop me a line if interested. I might change my mind.My S was written off so will use the SL a bit more now.

I would like to swap perhaps for another car or car plus cash your way. Something newer in Audi, Volvo, maybe BMW or Mercedes. Maybe an Alfa ...

An update on this. Ended up buying a Saab convertible cash this so didn't PX.
I have bought a brand new Bosch alternator and this is being fitted Tuesday with a new belt.
I will be listing it on ebay after this with a view to having it gone by next weekend.
It's sitting unused which is not good for it... I also am getting tired of juggling 3 cars on my drive way.

First sensible offer buys the car. Deadline Thursday evening at which point it will be put on a 3 day auction.

Hi all ... Some people have been trying to get hold of me on this that don't have pm function yet.My email address is [email protected]

I will take more photos in the week but there are lots on here if you search my posts.

SOLD - thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom