1994 W124 E200 saloon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
Anyone knows anything about this W124?
classic cars mercedes benz | eBay
It’s been on BIN classic cars mercedes benz | eBay for some time before listed on auction and had a lot of followers.
Looks decent on the photos and the MOT history shows nothing unusual for the age but the lack of description and zero seller feedback makes me wary.

I think it might be Anthracite grey 172
W124-E300-Diesel-Estate-Exterior1-Paint-Code-172-Anthracite-Grey.jpg

It will have the twin cam M111 engine so able to keep up with motorway traffic- just. As a post facelift w124 it will have the waterbased paint and the dreaded engine wiring loom problems. Body condition is paramount I can detect signs of the start of paint breakdown on the front edge of the sunroof and the ends of the rear wheel arches but its minor at this stage. Look for corrosion on the inner wing behind the headlamps the rear sill jacking points and where the rear subframe mounts to the body. Looks an honest old thing--if it drives OK - I would snap it up.

Should have also mentioned the 2 litre may come with the PMS ignition module which are impossible to repair and replacements are becoming more difficult to source. The 220- 2.2 litre M111 has a HFM unit which can be repaired. any signs of plugs misfiring .
be carefull. PMS unit below
s-l300.jpg

For those that dont know this ,,they make cars in an assortment of colours .And in that way Mercedes can cater for evryones needs..
Not these days, they don't. It's black, grey, silver and if you dare suggest to the salesman you might like anything else they tell you it'll be hard to sell on second-hand.

Well if you take from the dealers what they have its you choice . Me i wont buy a colour i dont want . And i dont bother who as my car when it goes .I loved it while i owned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom