1995 C36 AMG shocks on a 1999 C230K?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golden1245

Car
1999 C230K Sport
Can I swap used C36 shocks (bilstein) into my 1999 C230K?

I think that it should fit, but how would that affect the driving comfort? Id obviously think it would affect the handling in a very positive way, with less roll while cornering.

I'm concerned that the shocks were designed for the weight of the C36 instead of a lighter c230k, and therefore negatively affect the handling of the car...any thoughts?

There's a nice pair on ebay for only $180! That's way less than a set of brand new Bilstein HD springs!

why, they will be knackered!

when i took the ones of my 1997 at 80K they were on their way out!

i think the shocks would be fine, its the springs that are set to engine weight no?

I suppose if the shocks arent weeping then they should be fine. As Alps said I'd buy new springs.

even if not weeping, which mine werent, they felt totally different to the new bilsteins i put in

weeping? does that mean leaking? or just squeaking? My front shocks are fine, the rears a little soft and squeak a bit when i get out of the car. Think i'll past on the used C36 shocks, and just get new Bilstein HD's when the time comes to replace them. I figured I'd hop on these c36 ones before they get sold, but I don't think they'd be appropriate for my car.

Thanks for the advice!

the w202 also sits a little low on the back then the front and lower again on the drivers side

yes their are two fuel tanks but the one on the drives side is the master and all the fuel drains to that point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom