1995 E220T relay part numbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SurfRodder

Car
1995 220TE (LHD)
Hello all,
I am currently stationed in Bahrain and am having starting issues with my 1995 LHD E220 wagon. The thing ran like a champ when I bought it last year, but about a month later started to have a miss around 2500-3000 RPM. I replaced plugs and wires and experienced no change. I put new coils in and it started running worse. After seeing some threads here describing similar conditions caused by degraded insulation I discovered that many portions of my engine harness were indeed rotten. Eventually the thing failed to start and it has been sitting in front of my flat for about 10 months.
After reading posts here by Phileas Flash I sent the harness to Simon at Si-Leck who took just shy of FOREVER to get it back to me. I now have the harness installed replacement ECU installed and still no joy. I am scheduled to transfer from here next month and need to get this thing running to ship it home.
I want to replace the fuel pump and OVP relays (had several that I grabbed from a breaker while home on leave but none of them have same part number). I have a good parts supplier over here, but his lookup system has been incorrect in the past. I've tried several online parts suppliers in UK and Germany but have not found one to give me any numbers for this car. After replacing these relays the only other issue may be some sort of immobiliser, but Ihave looked for one to no avail.
Can someone tell me the proper part numbers for Fuel Pump and OVP relays for this car? Thanks in advance for your time!
Josh

Surf have you fuel at the engine . Have you got a spark at the plugs .Can you switch on and hear the pump prime up. Might be you fuel pump relay if you dont hear the pumps. You must rule out the one or the other ie fuel or spark.

Surf go to ebay and put in Mercedes 1995 200TE petrol fuel regulator.I can see two types it will give you some idea .Also put in the same but add OVP relay. You can find out the numbers for you car like this. Or any supplier will ask for you reg pop it in the box then go from there.

Surfrodder Can you go to Google Search engine ? if you can put this in the search box- Everything Benz . at the bottom you will see in red -EPC PARTS CATALOGUE. click on it .Hope it helps you.

OK. (thanks for the idea Optimus!) eBay.de had the same part as was installed on the car for the Fuel pump Relay:
003 545 5305.

This has been described elsewhere as climate control or A/C compressor relay. Interestingly the Green cube fuel pump relay that is normally behind this (black rectangular) relay is not present. This black relay has 4cyl printed on it and some rev limit RPM info.

The OVP currently installed is some part number that is superceded by:
000 540 6745

I am really perplexed by the lack of green relay. This is a post-facelift s124 with an M111 and 5 speed trans. No sunroof and manual climate control. The front windows are electric regulators and the rears are manual. I think the lack of auto-climate control explains the missing KLIMA+Green fuel relay setup. Instead of KLIMA relay this model had different fuel relay in its place.

Tonight I replaced the 4cyl fuel relay with a 6zyl one from my parts guy (he tells me it should work and I've seen same intel elsewhere...seems like one pin on the plug does not make any electrical contact tho). I pulled gage cluster and jumpered pins 30 and 87 on K38 relay (I did not see any alarm box under passenger footwell like I had on my '87 300D...just bypassed the relay in case there is an alarm module somewhere I cannot see).

I am STILL not hearing fuel pump kick on nor do I smell any gasoline (flooded engine smell) after cranking away for several 10 second bursts (the fuel here in Bahrain is quite...fragrant. It is very obvious when cars are running rich, etc.). I have a new fuel pump I bought a while back that I will install tomorrow night, but I am wondering if anyone else has more ideas on possible culprits.

I have not checked for spark, but I will do so tomorrow night whenever I get home from work. If there is no fuel OR spark...is likely verdict immobilizer? ECU? something else entirely?

Thanks again all!

edit: I also have a new OVP relay coming in from overseas, but definitely want to eliminate as many problems as possible while waiting on UPS.

Last edited:
I also just saw this: "Are the red and green lights on your door and boot both working?" in post #5 of this thread: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/151466-w124-e320-wont-start-immobilser-ecu-wiring-loom.html

I believe that I removed the rear hatch red/green indicator from the rear latch/lock assembly when swapping locks over a few months back.

This seems to point again towards immobilizer...any ideas on where I should look to find it...how does one go about disabling it and removing it completely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom