1995 mercedes e320 convertible sportline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice looking car! I'd almost kill for that steering wheel.

AFAIK All UK E320 Cabriolets came with headlamp wash wipe as standard - this does not have them. Have they been removed or is it an import?

Anyone want to have a first look at that for me? Am in the market for an A124.

matt

Could have been in a frontal, we never got them in NZL......

Could have been in a frontal, we never got them in NZL......

Frontal - hmm must have been quite a big one to wipe out both front headlamp wash wipe plus associated plumbing etc.

As for not getting them in NZL - that's because you do not get much rain in NZL .............not :D

Good spot on the HLWW, that is a question to ask the owner!! It will look like a e220 in your rear view mirror. it should come up listed on the spec on the russian website with the chassis number checked.

We are classed as a "Hot Country" in the option codes, so we don't need them, or something like that.....:)

Alternatively the small wiper motors seized and it was easier to remove arms and add two blank plates of th esame colour - cheapest fix overall.

Alternatively the small wiper motors seized and it was easier to remove arms and add two blank plates of th esame colour - cheapest fix overall.

Wot - the removal of the wiper arm leaves the wiper motor shaft which is an integral part of the wiper motor that is clipped underneath the headlamp. You cannot get a blanking plate to fit over without removing the wiper motor or hacksawing the wiper motor shaft off. You then still have to sort out the washer water supply plumbing bits and pieces.

On my vehicle data card (WDB1240662C1 etc) :

Code 600 Headlamps - Cleaning Equipment

I am sure that I've seen advertised before E320 cabriolets without HLWW

Wot - the removal of the wiper arm leaves the wiper motor shaft which is an integral part of the wiper motor that is clipped underneath the headlamp. You cannot get a blanking plate to fit over without removing the wiper motor or hacksawing the wiper motor shaft off. You then still have to sort out the washer water supply plumbing bits and pieces.

I meant IF it had needed a repair and the owner was too lazy to do it properly its easy enough to do a bad job:D. each side less than a minute with an metal cutting disc and tie knot in the water feeds - simples.

personally I bet it was never optioned in the first place.

Nice looking car! I'd almost kill for that steering wheel.

I doubt that was fitted from new as the sportline has a different airbag due to the smaller wheel

I doubt that was fitted from new as the sportline has a different airbag due to the smaller wheel

I don't think so it looks exactly the same as my wheel shown below
scillyisles1-albums-e320-cabriolet-pictures-picture3854-w124steering-wheel.jpg

The late model Sportline Only cars from late 1993 through 1996 in NZL at least had scillyisles1's wheel standard, as did the SL600, S600, CL600. After 1996 there was another almost identical wheel for the 202's, 210's etc but the fit and leather pattern are slightly different. See where the wood joins the leather above, it is a very tight fit, the later ones are radiused and the leather is not the deep grain as shown above either.
They are now rare, (but plenty of 202, 210 ones floating around) there was a bloke 5 or so years ago selling wood leather wheels but only on exchange, and now I know why.
The other Sportline wheel on 1993 and earlier cars had no wood and the bottom spokes were closer together.

Has anyone retro fitted a HLWW. If you have a breaker is it that difficult to switch over, especially concerned at the wiring and maybe having to run one to the headlight switch???

Last edited:

Which would make me worry about other botches, corner-cutting and skimping.

Trader trying to hide the sale as a private sale.....dogs me off or is it just me?

Trader trying to hide the sale as a private sale.....dogs me off or is it just me?

Ah, that bloke. I recall him selling a CL last year.

Traders hiding, and 'selling for a friend' mean that I walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom