1995 R129 sl320 owner...French Road Trip...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Dude

Car
1995 R129 320 SL, Volvo C30, Porsche 996, Honda Jazz Sport
...so during a 3 month stay in Provence last summer I purchased the aforementioned sl320...with a tight brief ( original Saco design, cream interior and low miles) I identified a 56k mile car which following much discussion I bought unseen in the flesh...collecting it on return to the UK...

This year we decided to complete the Provencale trip in the old girl a 1500 miles in I write to report my findings...

The journey thus far has been completely trouble free...not a hint of an issue which is remarkable really ... the seats whilst comfortable during short journeys are not after a long stint...the air con is coping with the serious heat down here...the soft top has been up and down like a yoyo without problems...no coolant loss, tiny oil top up,no oil leaks...running like a Swiss watch...

Prior to the trip I changed the water pump and belt...including new coolant...oil change and new air filter...also installed a new and expensive Bosch MAF after a failed attempt at cleaning it !!! Also fitted a complete set of Pirelli P7s...

The car has been terrific and the straight six is simply perfect for sweetly wafting the car around the stunning Southern France countryside...

...so during a 3 month stay in Provence last summer I purchased the aforementioned sl320...with a tight brief ( original Saco design, cream interior and low miles) I identified a 56k mile car which following much discussion I bought unseen in the flesh...collecting it on return to the UK...

This year we decided to complete the Provencale trip in the old girl a 1500 miles in I write to report my findings...

The journey thus far has been completely trouble free...not a hint of an issue which is remarkable really ... the seats whilst comfortable during short journeys are not after a long stint...the air con is coping with the serious heat down here...the soft top has been up and down like a yoyo without problems...no coolant loss, tiny oil top up,no oil leaks...running like a Swiss watch...

Prior to the trip I changed the water pump and belt...including new coolant...oil change and new air filter...also installed a new and expensive Bosch MAF after a failed attempt at cleaning it !!! Also fitted a complete set of Pirelli P7s...

The car has been terrific and the straight six is simply perfect for sweetly wafting the car around the stunning Southern France countryside...

Mine goes down through france most yrs, only one problem front flex disc otherwise perfect. You can swap the seat base passenger to driver side, I also added a thin layer of foam to the base, now acceptable for 6-7hrs.:D

...thoughtful and helpful advice Richard, thank you.

Best wishes Giles.

And don't forget the aggressive speed traps. I had to pay €45 for 3 kmh above a 70 kmh limit.

Nazis.

RayH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom