1995 SL Hood Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanSL

Car
1995 Model SL500
Afternoon all,

When raising my hood, the back section stops about an inch from where it clips in, so I release the button and it clips in fine. Was just wondering if anybody knows what causes this?

Thanks,

Dan

I always have the engine idling when I activate the hood.

Dan

Why do you keep posting the same question again and again?

I've deleted a couple already????

Sorry; I kept getting a page come up after submitting the post that said that the page had been removed or something along those lines so I didn't think my post had been submitted. I noticed after posting today when I was checking the other post's that I had been successful before.

Apologies once again - I wasn't attention seeking!

So, nobody on here has had this problem before?! I can live with it but if it's a reasonable cost to fix I'll get it done.

Cheers,

Dan

Its a voltage issue normally... what size battery do you have on the car.

Mine has always done this occasionally, typically when the hood has been folded for some time (e.g. after taking the hard top off). I guess if the fabric is a little tight the downward-pointing tabs don't quite get grabbed by the rollers that (I assume) pull the rear of the hood down & tight. As you say, it works after momentarily releasing the button ... it's a very minor inconvenience (and has never got any worse), so I've never bothered to investigate.

If yours does it consistently perhaps the hood needs adjusting. Has it had any work done (e.g. new hood or plastic windows replaced)?

A belated cheers for the input guys - it works fine most of the time now so I think that maybe it's down to a lack of recent use by the previous owner.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom