1995 SL Replacing Rear Star Badge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanSL

Car
1995 Model SL500
Would anybody please be able to advise me how to reomove the remains of the original bade and fit the new one? The 3 points are still in place and the outter ring has been snapped off by some low-life, but I'm unsure of how to remove this?

Would anybody please be able to advise me how to reomove the remains of the original bade and fit the new one? The 3 points are still in place and the outter ring has been snapped off by some low-life, but I'm unsure of how to remove this?

Poke the old bits through, press home new star.

So I've got to get the boot trim off - thanks Nick

Yeah, it did occur to me just to break the rest off but I was a bit concerned about the paintwork.

Cheers

Use something soft and plastic, if you can't get your fingernails under it. Clothes peg?) but still watch the paint, a srip of masking tape will help.The 3 pegs should still be OK in the panel. Just peg the new one back at least they are reasonably cheap as now made of chromed plastic.
Don

Isnt there a screw thread with a bolt at the back that needs undoing?

IIRC the one on mine was just held in by interference fit of 3 plastic studs on the star to 3 plastic washers in the bootlid.

All sorted cheers guys; wrapped a knife in masking tape and levered off the star and just popped the new badge in.

Cheers for your input once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom