1995 W124 E200 Idle problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seany260

Car
c220 cdi
Hello all,
My grandfathers car is suffering from an idle control problem. I came about when the fuel pump went and for some reason the mechanic decided to clean the TB. from this the idle problems started.
This car does have a sensor attached to the throttle body on the far side. It's also has lots of linkages.
My first thought was that maybe it needs a TB adaption, but I'm not sure if that can be done on this car, please advise?
also does it have an idle control valve?
look forward to some replays
thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMAG1738.jpg
    IMAG1738.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG1739.jpg
    IMAG1739.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 14
No adaptations possible, no idle control valve - the ECU and throttle body do everything

Are there any air leaks Is the boot leading into the TB split or fitted incorrectly? Is the jubilee clip done up?

Look for disturbed vacuum lines, air leaks, split pipes, disconnected wires & general stupidity

Nick Froome

No adaptations possible, no idle control valve - the ECU and throttle body do everything

Are there any air leaks Is the boot leading into the TB split or fitted incorrectly? Is the jubilee clip done up?

Look for disturbed vacuum lines, air leaks, split pipes, disconnected wires & general stupidity

Nick Froome

I think I can hear a slight vacuum leak, but can't seen to locate it. I'm going to strip that area out next week and see what I can find.
With regard to the throttle body, do you know anything about all them linkages in there, seam to be quite some slop in there before the throttle actually starts to move. Is there a setup procudure or repair kits.
thanks for the reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom