1996 MERCEDES-BENZ (W210) E320 - 3,032 MILES FROM NEW

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What are the odds that any of these cars actually sell at those inflated prices?

Low mileage and 20+ years old is not a good combination.

The w210 has continental tyres on it, wonder what the date code is? 1996 i would imagine.

"These tyres are those originally supplied on the car, and are date-coded to 1996. They show no signs of damage and have plenty of tread remaining, but are certainly due for replacement given they are more than 20 years old."

Well done Sherlock :D

Sorry did not read all the sales woffle in the add. That's another £400 to knock off asking price then .

Personally i would rather have a car that has actually been used and maintained. Everything on that car will need replacing for it to be roadworthy.

It’s easy to forget how much the interior still had a proper Mercedes feel yet the front end was disastrous, the worst looking E-Class by a country mile.

How they got from the handsomeness of the W124 to the W210 is one of life’s mysteries...

Reactions: SG1
It’s easy to forget how much the interior still had a proper Mercedes feel yet the front end was disastrous, the worst looking E-Class by a country mile.

How they got from the handsomeness of the W124 to the W210 is one of life’s mysteries...

W210's drive a lot better than w124's though, imho.

Styling wise you are comparing a Cortina with a Sierra. Progress can sometimes be challenging. Look at the front end of a Tesla 3, now that is really ugly.

Styling wise you are comparing a Cortina with a Sierra. Progress can sometimes be challenging. Look at the front end of a Tesla 3, now that is really ugly.

I like the 210. Especially the estate. A well sorted 124 will run circles around a 210 in feel though.

If it does sell at inflated low milage price. For me what's the point as the value is the millage so can't be used.

If it does sell at inflated low milage price. For me what's the point as the value is the millage so can't be used.
Exactly. Sadly a w210 is not a classic car so it's all a bit nonsensical to me.

Now if the car had all new hoses, tyres, brake system and a major service it might just be worth £5000 so i could use it as a daily car for the next 10 years trouble free. But it's not a diesel so that would'nt work either.

I wouldn’t doubt that for a second.

New models tend to go through a couple of phases in the looks:
1. New “ooh, not keen on that, I prefer the old model”
2. Nearly new “you know what, those looks have grown on me”
3. A new model supersedes it “I prefer the last model”

Ad infinutum.

The W210 is an outlier in this though, besides myopic Mercedes fans, it’s universally looked at with derision; Mercedes cars *evolved* up to that point and that model rewrote all that and suffered as a consequence.

Throw in the ridiculous amount that turned into rust-buckets and you’ve got a vehicle that is hard to look back on with any sort of love.

Thankfully, Mercedes pulled it back with the W211...

Im not sure i would agree with the "it's universally looked at with derision".

My facelift s210 320 cdi avantgarde in brilliant silver with 17" Sador alloys & black leather is a fine looking estate car, and gets quite a lot of admiring glances.

S211 are nice and all that but when you factor in the relative simplicity of the S210 (brakes, no dpf, lack of rear bags) so you can work on it yourself and the powerhouse OM613 you have the recipe for a quite desirable motor in my view.

May be the reason good un rusty ones fetch good prices at auction.

E46 M3 CSLs have been around that sort of money for many many years now (started rising not long after they came out actually) and they do sell at that sort of money too.

I've no idea why. OK so they are a bit lighter than the standard E46 and have another 20BHP but you are stuck with a really crap SMGII gearbox and it looks pretty much the same.

I'd rather a standard E46 and save a lot of Benjamins if I was going to but I'm not a huge fan of them either.

Would prefer a sorted 1999 E36 M3 Evolution or current M2/M4.

Be boring if we all liked the same thing though so each to their own!

I like the SD1.

I'm sure I've seen it for sale before on maybe C&C and it was £100k.

I remember the TWR association as I went for an interview once at TWR in the Oxford/Banbury area or similar over 20 years ago now.

Reactions: Nat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom