1996 Mini Sprite 7000 miles!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drbsheffield

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice!

A very good friend is selling on behalf of his mother her little Mini. It is a 1996 Sprite and has only covered 7000 miles from new by one owner! It is absolutely mint and has all the documentation to back up the mileage!

Anyone have any thoughts about what it might be worth? or any places that might be good to sell it to?

Thanks

CHRIS

Hello,

I learned to drive in a mini, my mum has had the old ones up until the brand new one came out. We use to attend all the mini shows and was in a club...great fun.

I would try Mini World magazine or get on some forums. If its a 1996 it will be a 1.3 I guess?

Heres my mums we had from 1988 to when ever the new Mini came out, bought the kit from Germany and D&W fitted it here in UK.

IMAG0663.jpg

IMAG0664.jpg

let me know how much you decide to sell for.....

There used to be an enormous market for these in JAPAN! ( they're RHD of course) They completely refurbished them of course with tuning bits ICE etc. I bet there's several people in the UK exporting good ones. You just have to find out who. Mini owners clubs would be a good place to start or get a hold of one of their club magazines for the adverts. Some might send you some back copies if you asked nicely?? http://www.minimag.co.uk/ heres a list of links to vendors who might be interested? http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Mini.html

Last edited:
So am I for my daughter:D

One problem with the old shape Mini is that the bumpers are so low compared to other vehicles. So a minor knock at the rear (say) will typically take out the boot lid and/or rear lights. I had a Mini Clubman which was great fun at the time, but I dread to think how it would fare in Euro NCAP.

To replace the CL?!

Saw it in the classifieds, he's only had it 2? months :confused:

Quite a long time for him!

Probably bored with the lack of power. Or getting too much earache over it. Shame as it's a really nice car and if it were not for the miles I do I'd have it.

Thinking of selling my 1972 850 shortly. I just don't get enough use out of it.

Sorry I can't help with the price of yours.

Last edited:
This bit bothers me. How has it been done and how has structural strength been maintained.

specially been converted into a convertible,

This bit bothers me. How has it been done and how has structural strength been maintained.

specially been converted into a convertible,

That's one of the reasons she is not having it, the other being, we told her we would match her £ for £.
She will keep going out clubbing though:rolleyes:

I like how it says it turns heads!! Only so they can throw up :crazy: :crazy: ;)

That roof looks awful, no structural integrity at all :mad:

Does a Mini have any structual integrity anyway lol. Probably not really any safer than being on 2 wheels.

My sister wanted one for her first car and I advised her against it as I really don't think that they are a suitable everyday car. Maybe if you got one of the last off the line otherwise maintenance and reliability will be big issues.

Does a Mini have any structual integrity anyway lol.

Well mine did after welding in new sills and floor, which some may say is unfortunate....;) :rolleyes:

try http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/

Good bunch on there, i've a 1972 1275GT in my garage which ive been planning on getting back on the road but just havent had the time.

Big thing on the minis is rust, if its in good condition which it sounds then id say about 3-4k.

Good luck.

Cheers,
C

My daughter has her heart set on THIS:crazy: :crazy: :eek:
Your daughter my eye (!!) - I reckon you've taken a fancy to it yourself, and using reverse psychology to convince her to have it rather than a Clio!! :D ;)

Your daughter my eye (!!) - I reckon you've taken a fancy to it yourself, and using reverse psychology to convince her to have it rather than a Clio!! :D ;)

PMSL.
Now she's changed her mind and wants a pink KA:crazy:

There is no way I would let her have a clio anyway, as I see how easily they crumple when the clio cup comes to Brands Hatch each time.

Only' cos she saw this.

ShockingStreetKa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom