1996 R129 SL600 ADS suspension query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hereward

Car
1996 R129 SL600
Hello. I raised the car on a scissor lift (all wheels hanging free) but forgot to press the Lock button on the hydraulic ADS before doing so.

Just wondering if I am going to cause problems with the ride height sensors etc by forgetting to Lock the suspension in place first? Any procedure I need to do to reset/calibrate the ADS when the wheels are back on the ground?

I am thinking of having the engine running before I lower the car down, so all systems/sensors are live...

Thank you.

Last edited:
I would get it back on the ground before starting it up. Some years ago I had to park with one wheel on a speed hump and when I started the car the ADS fail light came on. Drove it to level ground, turned off and re-started and all was fine. I deduced from that it doesn't like any wheel being in an abnormal position to start with.

Hopefully there is enough physical travel in the level sensor linkages to handle the wheels hanging down. I'm sure you're not the first person to forget to use the lock!

All absolutely fine. Thanks, Bill. I lowered the car onto its tyres then started the engine. No warning lights at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom