1996 SL280 Alarm/Immobiliser Problem - HEEEEEEEELP Please!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mariosd

Car
Mercedes SL 280
Hi all,

this is my first post and i'm hoping one of you Merc experts can advice! I have a 96 SL280 and last night i seem to have a problem with my Immobiliser. When i tried to lock the car with my remote/key, both LEDs (red & green) started flashing simultaneously and i just cannot get it to stop. Central locking etc work fine, but the car is now immobilised. Any ideas of what io can do? I cannot even drive it to my Stealer like this. Can i temporarily disable the alarm/immob with my hexagonal key? Any more ideas?

Thanks ever so much,
Marios

The battery in the remote needs changing.

Hi,

many thanks for the very fast response. I tried that (used both keys and had brand new batteris in one of them) and still not good. :(

The system actually responds when i press the button (locks & unlocks), but the two LEDs keep flashing at teh same time.

Any more ideas?

Thanks again for your help,
Marios

If the two LEDs flash then it means the batteries are low. Failing that you may need a new IR receiver module.

I would make sure you have fresh batteries, check the voltage on the car battery and then resync the locking system.

Thanks again. I really do appreciate your help!

I just tried brand new batteries in both remotes and unfortunately it didn't cure the problem.

I'll try to find a voltmeter and check my battery, even though i haven't had any problems starting, so i'm expoecting it to be fine.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed regarding the IR module, since it sounds like an expensive job!

To be quite honest, it looks like some kind of malfuction, since the alarm reacts to my keys when i press the button by locking/unlocking but seems to be stuck in this state. Looks like i'll have to get my car relayed to the Dealer.

Thanks again. Just in case you have any more ideas, please let me know!

The only other thing I can suggest is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect then resync the locking system. How are you resyncing?

Exactly as it states in the manual. Turn the key on the second position, wait for 5 secs, press button. Is there a better way? I suppose your car is much more advanced than mine and may have more clever ways to resync!

It depends what alarm system you have but that's not how the early cars resynced. You press the remote button and then operate the driver's door lock with the key.

Hi again,

tried this as well, but still no luck! I'll try to disconnect the battery and see if that will work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Thanks,
Marios

Disconnecting the battery should work, as it will reset everything, it happened to me 96 W202 c class. I was in the middle of my journey back to the delers when i called and they told me to do this.
Took off for 10 mins and hey presto it started....

Raj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom