1997 c280 Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Repro

Car
C280sport
Does anyone know if AMG had any involvement in the build of this model S202? It is called a Sport, has AMG wheels and bodykit but also AMG labels on the wiring loom. It would be interesting to know. It also seems to be a rare model although I've not searched DVLA and as I want to sell it I don't know its value. 102k miles, silver, blue leather, auto, but a little rust starting in front wing leading edges. If anyone has any idea on my questions that would be great.

Post photos pls.

There will only be 2 reasons why AMG will be on the wiring loom, it's had a loom change and a c36 loom was used (not uncommon with the m104) or it's had a c36 engine swap.

Does anyone know if AMG had any involvement in the build of this model S202? It is called a Sport, has AMG wheels and bodykit but also AMG labels on the wiring loom. It would be interesting to know. It also seems to be a rare model although I've not searched DVLA and as I want to sell it I don't know its value. 102k miles, silver, blue leather, auto, but a little rust starting in front wing leading edges. If anyone has any idea on my questions that would be great.
More trivia than anything else but might be a clue, the W202 version of the 280 sport was used as the donor car and engine for the C36 if I remember correctly.

No.

Hi,
S202 = Estate (W202 was the Saloon) = Facelift only = V6 Engine only (Not inline 6) = Nothing to do with C280/C36 uplift/AMG modifications.
IF it has the AMG kit then the option code will appear on the data card (IIRC Option code 770? 771? maybe? and another for the wheels).
What wiring loom are talking about? Fog light/back of headlight by any chance, possibly Pt.No. suffixed by HWA? this loom was specific to the AMG front bumper, as no other 202 had lower/separate fog lights.
Other than having the AMG kit/wheels, there wont be anything AMG about it.
If indeed it is an AMG bodykit and a facelift it will be the C43 kit and that was a rare factory option on a facelift non AMG car, I always believed this to be because the facelift car had a bodykit as standard, which was quite similar to the earlier prefacelift 202 C36 AMG kit.

Hi,
S202 = Estate (W202 was the Saloon) = Facelift only = V6 Engine only (Not inline 6) = Nothing to do with C280/C36 uplift/AMG modifications.
IF it has the AMG kit then the option code will appear on the data card (IIRC Option code 770? 771? maybe? and another for the wheels).
What wiring loom are talking about? Fog light/back of headlight by any chance, possibly Pt.No. suffixed by HWA? this loom was specific to the AMG front bumper, as no other 202 had lower/separate fog lights.
If indeed it is an AMG bodykit and a facelift it will be the C43 kit and that was a rare factory option on a facelift non AMG car, I always believed this to be because the facelift car had a bodykit as standard, which was quite similar to the earlier prefacelift 202 C36 AMG kit.
Hi. Thankyou for the info, yes the AMG tags are on the lighting loom. This must be a rare car now but not much value. Had someone interested from Holland but logistics are impossible. If you know anyone who wants one it's available.

Hi. Thankyou for the info, yes the AMG tags are on the lighting loom. This must be a rare car now but not much value. Had someone interested from Holland but logistics are impossible. If you know anyone who wants one it's available.
Photos and more info (e.g. service/MOT history, known remedial work completed, state of tyres/brakes) would help, methinks. :)

Photos and more info (e.g. service/MOT history, known remedial work completed, state of tyres/brakes) would help, methinks. :)
Hi, I've got a little more info: it has a new MOT, MB Dorchester service it, welding to rear of o/s cill completed two years ago, good brakes, good front tyres and new rears. Will post pics shortly.

Hi,

The prefacelift was actually available in Wagon Form in 1996/1997 just exceedingly rare and usually boggy engine / spec. I once saw a C36 Kitted C280 Prefacelift Wagon in Azzurite and chased it down the road and demanded that the driver sells it to me !!! He waved me away thinking I was some random nutter unsurprisingly.

Now we know it is a amg foglamp loom we can safely say its a Facelift with a C43 Kit (or front bumper at least) :)

Also if it is a C280 Wagon with a Full C43 kit its going to have a fair bit of value compared to 3 or 4 years ago :)

If its already had some welding done, proceed with cation. under those sills will be swiss cheese now they are getting on for 25 years old.

The prefacelift was actually available in Wagon Form in 1996/1997 just exceedingly rare and usually boggy engine / spec. I once saw a C36 Kitted C280 Prefacelift Wagon in Azzurite and chased it down the road and demanded that the driver sells it to me !!! He waved me away thinking I was some random nutter unsurprisingly.

Now we know it is a amg foglamp loom we can safely say its a Facelift with a C43 Kit (or front bumper at least) :)
Wow, great. Yes it's got the full kit, bumpers, cill skirts and wheels. 👍

Is it a V6 or IL6? Facelift? or Pre Facelift? Photos will answer all
Post youre vin and I am sure someone could generate a data card which will answer all.

Is it a V6 or IL6? Facelift? or Pre Facelift? Photos will answer all
Post youre vin and I am sure someone could generate a data card which will answer all.
Hi, the VIN is wdb2020892f748059 and it is a V6. Not sure what 'facelift' involves, maybe that's in the VIN.

If its already had some welding done, proceed with cation. under those sills will be swiss cheese now they are getting on for 25 years old.
Yes potentially, but the cill covers were removed and most of it was really solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom