1997 clk 320 bar/asr light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbvector

Car
1997 clk 320 sport
Hi,

Just got this car 1997 clk 320 sport and it had been sitting for a year unused. The guy apparently had it on a trickle charge for battery. I just drove it today and after 7 miles it stalled when coming to a stop at lights. I noticed the bas/asr light came on first (i think) a split second before it stalled/cut out. When i went to restart it the speedo went away up (gauges went mad) and wouldnt crank/start at all .. took a few attempts turning key before it cranked/started. I got it started and drove about a mile and stopped.. it seemed like it didnt really want to start but did.. not like it kept cranking but something electrical was stopping it almost. I then drove it 15 miles stopping at lights etc and was fine. I was reading in service books about voltage below 10 .. im wondering is it just a case of a low charged battery ? What you think ?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
If its been standing for a year then i would say that probably the battery is past its best. Would put a new one on if it was me. HTH.

With the car sitting in a barn for a year mice had ate through 2 of the 5 wires that go to air flow meter. Discovered they had nibbled bits off brake reservoir cap as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom