1997 SL320 - R129 Transmission oil cooler pipe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peppi

Car
1997 SL320
My SL320 has developed a leak from the transmission oil cooler pipe that runs underneath the radiator - it seems to be very corroded (part A129 270 20 26) its about 8-10mm in diameter. I have been down to the local stealership and they want a whopping £311 for the replacement!!
It's only a pipe about a metre in total length with flared ends - is there any reason why I can have one made up (aluminium or copper)? does any one know someone who can make one in the surrey area (or further afield & post it)? Can I buy a flaring tool and correct threaded retainers?? -- Any help appreciated

I replaced this a few years ago and it was around £50, but it looks like the one for the 722.6 is a lot more.

Assuming it's a similar design (which it appears to be), I would be very surprised if a hydraulic fittings company couldn't make you something to suit.

With the correct tools and fittings you can make any pipe you like. Take the old one off and see if someone like Pirtek can make one for you. The mainly cover industry with mobile repair vans , but worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom