1998 c250 td heater motor & brushes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GMC

Hi all

I've been reading through some previous threads regarding heater motors, in connection with a problem with mine. My heater motor has stopped working, but will sort of run with a bit of proding etc when the plastic motor cover is removed.

Having read through previous threads the brushes on the motor appear to wear (not surprsingly).

However most of the threads I've found are a few years old and do n't identify if the brushes can be readily obtained and replaced.

Does anyone know what the current position is.

regards

GMC:)

It is possible to purchase generic brushes and cut/grind them to the right shape for anything.

Cant answer whether original brushes can be purchased from MB though.

I've recently done the brushes on our 1996 Audi A4. The blower is actually made by Valeo, so will be fitted to other makes ... quite possibly including M-B (as we know, they have used Valeo radiators).

I got my brushes from eBay e.g.:

VW Passat, Audi A4, VW LT35 heater blower motor brushes on eBay (end time 15-Dec-09 01:25:20 GMT)

These also fit certain Mercedes

So they might be worth a punt if nobody comes up with a confirmed source for your specific car. As Sp!ke says, they can be trimmed/reshaped pretty easily if really necessary.

Cheers for the replies so far

I had a look on e-bay and found a chap selling brushes which he says will fit the W202. In fact looking at it again, it the same fella as you posted the link to BTB500

Has anyone tried these and know if they work ok??

Certainly the ones I bought for our Audi fitted perfectly, so I'd be inclined to think that if he's also selling brushes for the W202 they will be OK.

Hi all

cheers for the replies

Just a quick update. Got a set of brushes from e-bay and have now fitted these. The brushes were a good fit , maybe a tad too long, but never the less there fitted. There was a bit of wear on the rotor shaft but the heater fan is now working ok, so far.

I thought the brushes were a bit expensive (£15 delivered) for what they are - but certainly cheaper than a new motor.

I'll let you know how they get on over the next 6 months.

br

GMC:bannana:

I fly electric r/c planes and brushless motors are the norm nowadays ... how long before the car industry catches up, I wonder?!

Heater Loose connection Somewhere

Hi all

Just a little twist to this tale

Noticed last night when I started the car up that the red light on the AC button did n't come on and heater motor was n't running.

Banged the dash directly above the ac button and red light came on and fan started working, which has been fine this morning

I pressuming there a faulty electrical connection or switch behind the heater control knobs - does anyone know whats back there and how difficult it is to get access

regards

GMC:)

It is possible to purchase generic brushes and cut/grind them to the right shape for anything.

Cant answer whether original brushes can be purchased from MB though.

You could do but i wouldnt reconmend it

Hi there I had a problem with my heater blower and i diconnected it and gave it a good squirt of WD40 and span it round a few times and reconnected it and it was fine (that was 4 weeks ago)

I fitted a set of the brushes on ebay into my Valeo heater motor approx 2 years ago and they fitted perfrctly and the heater has worked fine ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom