1998 c250td loss of power. OK after restart.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Laters

Car
Honda CR-V
On the motorway yesterday, all going well sat at 70mph for a hour or so.
I then needed to move to another lane so give it more throttle to find the car lacking in power in a big way.

Stopped at the next services to see if it had blown a turbo pipe off but all pipes intact. (on the way into the services it was obvious that the car was like it didn't have a turbo fitted)

After restarting all back to normal and did the rest of the journey (another 20 miles) and the return journey of 80 odd miles back without issue.

At no time were there any warning/fault lamps lit.

I can't get it to anyone with a star machine for a while and need it for another motorway run later this week.

Anyone had a similar issue?
In my mind I am wondering if it's the inlet pressure sensor that is mounted on the bulkhead.

The car doesn't have a mas/maf so I know it isn't that & the egr valve has been blanked with a plate for a good number of years so not that.

After lots of checking found the small pipe that goes to the egr valve had a small hole in it but am unsure if that could cause the above issue.

I am not wanting to change the map sensor if there is nothing wrong with it.

It could be that pipe if it is before the transducer, unlikely if after.

Just see how it goes, next up is the MAP sensor, which for some reason 250TD do seem a bit more prone to failing.

The egr pipe that was holed was close to the egr valve itself so after the transducer.
Got another motorway journey in the morning on the same route as last time so will have to see.

Hopefully it will be the pipe but if not will order a map sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom