1998 SLK anywhere for cheaper trim parts??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slippy

Car
Jaguar X type 2.2SE / SLK 230k
Hi chaps,
I am about to book my little SLK in for some paintwork at a local bodyshop but when it goes in I would like a few bits renewing if I can find them cheaply enough, I don't need them but it would look better with new bits.
The door handle gaskets & the plastic trim that sits between the front wing & the pillars. Any Idea where I can get them cheaply & cost? Is it a main dealer thing? any other small similar bits you can think of?
Thanks
Stu

As those parts are quite model specific you would probably be looking at dealer only for new ones,
Try them for prices first

I thought they may be dealer only bits Benza but its worth asking. I wonder if any dealers have discounted rates for older Mercs? If I find out I`ll post on here.

Well, I cant even find an EPC so I can get the part numbers. Ive been on one (Russian?) & the numbers/items don't seem to match up.

I bought parts from a dealership online before when I had my CLK & 190E a few years ago, they were really helpful but I cant remember who they were or where.

Why not just ring your local dealer & if not sure get them to email screenshot off EPC to make sure it's the correct part ?
Or if the parts are still present on the car have a look on it for the number, nearly every mercedes part will have the part no on somewhere

Well, after a few emails with Inchcape, it looks like they have sourced me the new parts Im after. They were very helpful, fingers crossed they are the correct ones now.

Car is booked in for the paintwork on Monday 17th June, Im considering having the front & rear lower bumper trim & door handles colour coded too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom