1999 auto clk230k MAF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADAMCLK230K

Car
1999 clk230k
hi all, i have a 1999 230k, i recently had to deal with the lower breather blockage problem, i had no issues doing the fix thnks to this fourm and have had no oil in my air filter since. i aslso cleaned out the air box and all of the pipe work with carb cleaner,

a few weeks after i started having adle problems(when cold) and aslo loss of all power at random points of hard asseleration. after hours reading threds on here i have narrowed it down tomy maf sensor..

when the maf is plugged in i have the above problems and when i unplug it she runs better but revs high with not much power.

i have realised after a week of driving her that the supercharger is now not kicking in (with the maf plugged in or not)

Can all these issues all be put down to the maf?

any help would be apreshiated,

many thanks Adam

^ if I remember correctly, my MAF died after servicing the breather system.

I too was having intermittant idle problems and a new MAF solved it.

Chris

hi all, i have a 1999 230k, i recently had to deal with the lower breather blockage problem, i had no issues doing the fix thnks to this fourm and have had no oil in my air filter since. i aslso cleaned out the air box and all of the pipe work with carb cleaner,

a few weeks after i started having adle problems(when cold) and aslo loss of all power at random points of hard asseleration. after hours reading threds on here i have narrowed it down tomy maf sensor..

when the maf is plugged in i have the above problems and when i unplug it she runs better but revs high with not much power.

i have realised after a week of driving her that the supercharger is now not kicking in (with the maf plugged in or not)

Can all these issues all be put down to the maf?

any help would be apreshiated,

many thanks Adam

Hi Adam

Well done for cleaning the blocked breather nozzles, I had the same issue and my MAF has been clean for the last 18 months of oil. As for your MAF now there is every chance its gone bad through the oil contamination and yes it does directly effect the supercharger as a safety feature if the MAF is not reading correctly it will not allow the engaging of the Supercharger.

If the car runs well without the MAF plugged in this is another sign that you are needing to get a new MAF or at least have it checked and again the S/C probably wont engaged with the MAF unplugged. IF you get a diagnostic it may not come up but it dosnt mean its always 100% full proof. I think the error words on the star diagnositic is 'Hot Film Sensor Fail'.

The best thing to do is try another MAF they are very common now and are used on all makes of cars. If you go and buy a new one I bought mine from ECP for about £130. PLEASE DO NOT BUY A CHEAP ONE they will fail ! It had to be genuine BOSCH, if your on a budget get one secondhand from ebay thats garaunteed to work .

Hi Adam

Well done for cleaning the blocked breather nozzles, I had the same issue and my MAF has been clean for the last 18 months of oil. As for your MAF now there is every chance its gone bad through the oil contamination and yes it does directly effect the supercharger as a safety feature if the MAF is not reading correctly it will not allow the engaging of the Supercharger.

If the car runs well without the MAF plugged in this is another sign that you are needing to get a new MAF or at least have it checked and again the S/C probably wont engaged with the MAF unplugged. IF you get a diagnostic it may not come up but it dosnt mean its always 100% full proof. I think the error words on the star diagnositic is 'Hot Film Sensor Fail'.

The best thing to do is try another MAF they are very common now and are used on all makes of cars. If you go and buy a new one I bought mine from ECP for about £130. PLEASE DO NOT BUY A CHEAP ONE they will fail ! It had to be genuine BOSCH, if your on a budget get one secondhand from ebay thats garaunteed to work .

+1^ for the above. Did all that on mine and she's been sweet ever since. Did you clean out intercooler as mine was quite contaminated. Bit of a pain getting the cooler out of the car but worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom