1999 C230k misfiring and spluttering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brett 19

Car
1999 c230k
Hi all I recently bought a 1999 c230k which has covered just over 100000 miles , when I firstgot the car it ran great plenty of power in the right places , but after having it a couple of month it's started miss firing a lot and will not Rev out at all, I have had it on the computer and it has said various codes like

Multiple cylinder misfire , fuel trim , camshaft sensor ,

So I have replaced the camshaft sensor and deleted that code and thought that would of solved it but it Hasent

New plugs , but that Hasent either

And I've just tryed 2 new coil packs as well and that Hasent Made any change either

Has anyone had similar issues and know how to resolve this problem please any information would be highly grateful

Thanks brett

Would it bring a fault code up for the MAF SENSOR and since I've put the new camshaft sensor on that code has erased and Hasent come back on

Cheers

Brett

Brett 19 said:
Would it bring a fault code up for the MAF SENSOR and since I've put the new camshaft sensor on that code has erased and Hasent come back on Cheers Brett

MAF's are known for being faulty without throwing codes. Before buying a new one get it hooked up on diagnostics and look at the live values under various driving conditions. When you say you have changed the cam sensor you are taking about the magnet on the front of the engine?

Ok spot on and I've changed the one on the right hand Side of the engine if your looking at it from the front , what values would I be expecting from the live feed

Cheers
Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom