1999 C250 Gearbox Problem - "D" doesn't always light up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

willkeelham

Car
C220 CDI
My auto gearbox doesn't always select Drive, if I fiddle the gearstick into 1,2,3,4 and then back into drive the "D" light will sometimes illuminate - if it does, its fine, If it doesn't I have to fiddle about again until the "D" is illuminated.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

how does the shift stick feel - any play ? could be the rubber grommet worn or come adrift underneath from the ESM to selector rod.

Or its going to be an internal fault in the ESM which are fairly well sealed units.

Slight play in the shift stick. Sometimes i have to hold the shift stick towards me to keep in "D" with "D" lit up.

I know my grommet is missing, and mine has slight play too - and does the same thing. Its not difficult or dirty to replace it- can be done entirely from inside the car. remove console, remove gear stick box, lift up, see hole-in-plate that should have a gromet thingy.

thanks for the responses.

could anybody please tell me the part from this diagram that I need, i assume 92 - but just want to be certain before i order it and dismantle/reassemble this weekend

regards

Attachments

• securedownload (1).jpg
    securedownload (1).jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom