1999 C43 AMG Salvage Repairable CAT D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gurpz

Administrator
Staff member
Car
C230K Sport & CLS500
A once rather nice looking C43 AMG that only now needs the front and rear bumpers sorting out along with a new window (by the looks of it). Looks like the car was once owned by a enthusiast owner as it has uprated 19' AMG wheels, W210 blinking mirrors and a rather strange W203 AMG rocher cover, also notice the C55 badge on the bootlid.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-C43-...oryZ9855QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Actually, look at the engine pic, that aint no C43, thats an actual C55 engine!

Looks like a homebrew conversion, since the top right ECU box looks a mess of wires. The W202 C55s which of which a few were made didnt have this particular engine ( i might be wrong though).

Last edited:
Not sure if it is just the cover off one ...

It also has Kompressor badges on the wings ... ;)

Whats going on with the numberplate ? Thats not a UK plate ...

Guys that is a C55 look at the rear badge.

Ermm, it's sure not an original C55, if that's what you mean.

It does look like a S/C '55 engine in there, and if so, f-me, it'll fly!!

500bhp, and probably ~1500kg?

:cool:

Will

looks like a cover to me too, never know tho, anyone live in birmigham fancy having a look?

It's a pretty confusing car with the C55 badge and the Kompressor engine cover. Would that engine cover actully fit an N/A engine? :confused:

But if it is a Kompressor engine, it could explain why its a Cat D ;)
Also, the seller's certainly missing a trick, if it's a Kompressor conversion!

Darren

If you can verify that it is a C55 with a Kompressor , then the £3750 BIN price is a bargain ....

Be nice to have the VIN ...

It does only have the twin pipes out of the back though instead of the quad ... would the engine breathe properly if it was a Kompressor ...

Who lives in Birmingham ?

If you can verify that it is a C55 with a Kompressor , then the £3750 BIN price is a bargain ....

Be nice to have the VIN ...

It does only have the twin pipes out of the back though instead of the quad ... would the engine breathe properly if it was a Kompressor ...

Who lives in Birmingham ?

I do and may have a look around but need to know what to look for.....

I have no idea what that plate is, but it's right hand drive so chances are it's an English car.

The normal C43 speedo goes 160mph a proper W202 C55 has 180 or 190mph
An original W202 C55 are rare as hens teeth less than 20 RHD version built allegedly.
Rare because they so expensive £50,000+options for a new C43, plus a further £30,000 to AMG to convert.
They also had those type alloys fitted.

Last edited:
The factory c55 had the w210 e55 engine. So the engine would not look anything like the one in this car. The worrying thing is the ecu area and wiring, the guy doesnt even have the car yet.

The worrying thing is the ecu area and wiring, the guy doesnt even have the car yet.

Yep that is a problem as there could be a bundle of hidden nasty surprises. Seller in unaware of the milliage as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom