1999 e320 Cdi revs on its own

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davecap

Car
E320 cdi
Hi all please help
I have recently acquired a 1999 v plated e320 Cdi auto with 73000miles on the clock the problem it has it that it runs perfectly until you start to de-accelerate down to low speed and instead of the revs staying below 1000rpm it jumps up and down to around 2000 rpm I've had it in a star by a local mbs and has come back with no faults ???
After an hour or so of trying switching different buttons I have found that if you turn the ESP off it runs exactly how it should turning it back on again makes it rev again the mbs guy says he has never come across it before and drew a blank
Can someone please shine some light on what may be the problem :dk:

The ESP should cut the accelerator input to the ECU, returning it to idle. It looks like something is faulty there.

1999 e320 revs on its own

There is an invoice for a new engine ecu @ £890 but I can't see that being anything to do with what it's doing ? Any other ideas or should I just book it in at merc and let them have a fiddle with it just don't want to spend a fortune on the old girl

I had an issue with my 1994 E200 where it would rev all on its own, parked or while driving. Throttle body was at fault. Completely different car I know and fewer electrics than the E320 CDI but might be worth checking.

Thanks. But the e320 Cdi is fly by wire from the engine bay so not like a petrol version :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom